compatible for rims

jersey

Hello everyone, i am new to the form and a new ford edge owner. I have a 2009 limited with 20' rims and was wondering what other ford rims will fit. I'm looking to just get a set of winter rims, but would like to down grade the size to an 18 or 17, whichever fits doesn't bother me.

I've noticed people talking about the ford flex for the proper hub size and bolt patter? if so what years would i be looking for?

Truth of the matter is that 20' winter rubber is a bit too rich for my blood, no matter how good it looks!

Cheers Matt

Bling or utility ?

IMHO and what I'll prolly end up doing next year after I recover from several set backs this year. Is a set of 17" steel for just about any ford from your local salvage yard.

The important part is the hub diameter and off set. (offset distance is the distance between the flat backside surface of the hub area and the back rim edge.

2011 Ford Edge Specs
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Center Bore: 63.4mm (70.5mm for pre 2011)

Hardware:1/2 Lug

Offset: 34-45mm

darn interweb ... can't believe anything you read here ! :) - thx guys

Edited by Tacyon

Bling or utility ?

IMHO and what I'll prolly end up doing next year after I recover from several set backs this year. Is a set of 17" steel for just about any ford from your local salvage yard.

The important part is the hub diameter and off set. (offset distance is the distance between the flat backside surface of the hub area and the back rim edge.

2011 Ford Edge Specs

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Center Bore: 70.5

Hardware:1/2 Lug

Offset: 34-45mm

One important correction there: 2011+ Edge's have a 63.4mm hub, the 70.5mm is for the previous years.

One important correction there: 2011+ Edge's have a 63.4mm hub, the 70.5mm is for the previous years.

You beat me to it, Scorpio! Earlier hubs (2010 and older) can fit the 2011 and newer with the use of hub centric rings. Their hub bore is 70.5mm and the hub centric rings will allow them to fit the smaller bore of the 2011's and newer.

Jersey, I put some Flex wheels on my 2013 but they won't fit your 2009 because of the smaller bore. Check the classified ads because there are several sets of 17's and 18's being sold. My 18's I have listed wont fit yours because of the bore size, but there might be other sellers with the correct bore if you wanted to stay with the factory wheels.