HID Kits: DDM Tuning or Morimoto?

Hi everyone, I am taking delivery of my 2013 Ford Edge SEL this week (I hope) and want to upgrade the stock halogens to HIDs. I've done some searches and haven't really been able to find a good answer for which kit is better.

If anyone can help out and point me in the right direction that'd be great. I know the DDM Tuning HIDs are less expensive, but are they just as good as the Morimoto kit? Are both kits easy to install?

Thanks.

Johnny, having had experience with both (feel free to review my previous posts), you'll see that TRS Morimoto is a well made kit with digital ballasts, relays and nice (BEEFY) harnesses and wires.

I have used DDM in the past with zero issues, but it really depends on what wattage you decide on.

My opinion is that if you are going for a 35W kit, then you can choose either. For 55W then I strongly recommend the TRS.

You really can't go wrong with either. From a non-hardware standpoint, you absolutely CANNOT beat the reponse time and support from TRS. DDM has not so favorable support and longer response/resolution time.

You'll be happy once you go HID!

• 1 month later...
Morimoto all day. Although they are more expensive, they last way longer. DDM quality is 50/50.

oh yeah ddm are 50/50. out of 4 bulbs, one is crooked, one is 4300k, another is less than 5k, and the other is a little more than 5k. after the second set of bulbs i gave up and now going to replace them with the morimotos. i got the ddms because of the price and people were happy with them. maybe the batch i got was bad or whatever.