Turn Signal / Indicator - Electrical Circuit Help

Calling all Edge 12V electrical gurus. I need some help finding a circuit on the Edge to use to control one of the features I want to incorporate into my new Vertical LED Daytime Running Lights. I need a circuit to trigger my controller unit to turn off the main DRL LEDs when my amber turn signal light guide is activated. I want the DRL LEDs to remain off during the entire turn signal cycle. I know that I can tie into the actual turn signal wire leading to the parking light bulb, but all that will do is turn the DRL LEDs off when the parking light bulb flashes on. I don't want the white and amber LEDs to alternate back and forth, because the glare from the white LEDs will diminish the impact of the amber LEDs.

When the turn signal stalk is activated, there has to be a circuit that stays energized until the turn signal is deactivated, right? I want to tap my controller trigger wire into this continuously energized circuit so the DRL LEDs are switched off until the turn signal circuit is de-energized. Here are the Edge fuse box diagrams & charts as well as the lighting sequence layout I want to use on my lights.

Any and all input will be appreciated!

CabinFuseBox-2011-13FordEdge_zps670df851

PowerDistributionBox2011-13FordEdge_zps4

Edge-2LightingSequence_zps331a2f31.jpg

I assume the switch sends a trigger to the SJB and there is logic in the SJB that determines when to turn off the signal. So no, there doesn't have to be a wire that's hot while the turn signal is flashing. In fact I'd bet against it.

You'd probably have to rig up a circuit that monitored the turn signal and as soon as the turn signal was triggered it would turn off the DRLs and would then set a timer to turn them back on. Every time the turn signal flashes it would reset the timer. The timer would be set to a time longer than the interval between the signals so when the timer expired you would know that the signal had been turned off and you could turn the DRLs back on.

Since the logic is all inside the SJB that's the only solution I can think of short of hacking the SJB.

akirby,

Great idea about using a timer component in my controller to manage the the DRL LEDs. Thanks! This would allow for a much easier install for the end user. All they would have to do is tap my trigger wire into the turn signal wire leading to the parking light bulb. I'll get with my electronic CM to see what is available to accomplish this.

Edited by kc300c