Please help, differant lighting options

So I really need to upgrade the lights on my Edge. All this upgrading lights is really new to me, my last vehicle had really nice lights. Not HIDs but they were 100% better than what my Edge has. So disappointed in them. :cry: Anyway this past week since Iv joined the forum Iv been looking at all my options. First I was thinking about upgrading to HIDs, then I saw what the halos look like and really like that look. Now today I see someone asking about just changing the bulbs out. That thought never crossed my mind. :doh: So now Im not sure what I should do. One things for sure is the dull vertical DRLs have to go. Just waiting on kc300c to put those awesome DRLs with the turn indicator on the market. :) Please help me make this decision easier. Its always dark when I leave in the morning for work and I would like to see where Im going, lol. :D

Thanks

So I really need to upgrade the lights on my Edge. All this upgrading lights is really new to me, my last vehicle had really nice lights. Not HIDs but they were 100% better than what my Edge has. So disappointed in them. :cry: Anyway this past week since Iv joined the forum Iv been looking at all my options. First I was thinking about upgrading to HIDs, then I saw what the halos look like and really like that look. Now today I see someone asking about just changing the bulbs out. That thought never crossed my mind. :doh: So now Im not sure what I should do. One things for sure is the dull vertical DRLs have to go. Just waiting on kc300c to put those awesome DRLs with the turn indicator on the market. :) Please help me make this decision easier. Its always dark when I leave in the morning for work and I would like to see where Im going, lol. :D

Thanks

Thanks

I just got my Edge three weeks ago and the lights it comes with are the brightest on the market (HIRs) the next step would be HIDs. DDM makes a nice HID kit for about $55. I'm switching all my bulbs over to LED so i'll let you know how that turns out!

Thanks for the plug Candurin. I do have LED bulbs for the interior lamps on the Edge, but other than my LED Puddle Lights (with license plate LEDs) and Vertical LED Daytime Running Lights, I don't offer any other exterior LEDs. Interior LEDs are easy to manage, but selling HID kits, LEDs for reverse, tail and turn indicators is very time consuming from a customer support standpoint. My business plan is not to be a re-seller of LED commodity products, but a manufacturer of unique high value lighting products and marketing them to wholesalers, distributors and retailers (online & brick & mortar).

Sparkles, if you want the best forward visibility, go HIDs. You don't need to go to 55W. 35W kits are plenty bright and significantly better than the stocks. The install is so easy. Do a forum search for info on the reverse, tails and turn indicator LEDs. And don't be afraid to spend the money on the best LEDs for the brake lights and turn indicator bulbs. They will be the only ones that will be as bright as the OEMs. Anything less bright only invites an accident and lawsuit.

55w has a greater intensity which can change the color of certain temps (e.g. 4150K can be as bright as 5000K 35w). I personally have a 5000K 35w which provides sufficient light for what I need.

OEM retrofits change the projector to a HID projector which also means you (may) have to change the bulbs to D2S or the stock D3s which come with the Edge's HIDs.