Canadian HID install

Hi everyone,

I'm new on the forum. Since 3 weeks, I have a 2013 edge sport. My previous car was a Mazdaspeed 6 and I can say that I do not regret my choice.

I bought a HID kit from the retrofit solution and I try to install today. I have DRL on my headlight because it's a canadian car. When I finished the installation, I have some trouble. I cannot put the light on auto position, because the light is flashing constantly. Samething if the parking lights is closed and I run, the light flashing. I need to have all the lights opened to not have this problem. I did the installation with and without the relay.

Does someone can tell me if there is a solution to the problem? Is that I can keep my lights in automatic mode?

Thank you

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Hey did you find a resolution to this?

I have a DDM 55w kit and have the same issue. I got the wiring harness from DDM and hooked it up this weekend. To my surprise however, it did nothing. The lights act the exactly the same way, flash on auto and will actually only come on if i turn the light switch to the ON position while in park. They won't even come on if I try and turn the switch on while in drive or reverse. And this is all with the wiring harness with relay.

• 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't the dual relay wiring harness fix this issue? I'm looking to install the TRS 35watt kit on my 2012 SEL and I was just going to get it with the Wiring harness.

Why would a DRL module be needed? Even with the reduced DRL voltage, it should still activate the relay's and turn the lights on.

The only reason for the flickering lights is the reduced voltage due to the DRL being on.

Can any Canadians confirm that with the DRL's we should only need the wiring harness? No DRL module, etc. (I also assume Edge's don't have the dashboard alert if it detects a burned out halogen).

Thanks!