Mute Button

It's not necessary. Just press and hold the volume down button on the steering wheel and you will effectively mute the radio very quickly - virtually the same as having a separate mute button. Try it and you'll see.

Your Funny, I could just reach over and turn the window crank until its down also, oh yeah it has one button down, so you don't have to hold it.

All vehicles I've had in the last 15 yrs have had a mute button. Buy a cheaper edge that doesn't have voice control and you get a mute button.

I just use my on/off button on radio, then it goes back to my correct volume. I think it should be pretty easy to have a mute function programmed with

a cluster control action. ( that's the two big square four way switchs with the button in the middle)

I was really wondering if I had just missed it or something, I have control with the off on switch. :hyper:

Edited by Texasopa

Your Funny, I could just reach over and turn the window crank until its down also, oh yeah it has one button down, so you don't have to hold it.

All vehicles I've had in the last 15 yrs have had a mute button. Buy a cheaper edge that doesn't have voice control and you get a mute button.

I just use my on/off button on radio, then it goes back to my correct volume. I think it should be pretty easy to have a mute function programmed with

a cluster control action. ( that's the two big square four way switchs with the button in the middle)

I was really wondering if I had just missed it or something, I have control with the off on switch. :hyper:

Would you just try it before you get all snarky? I thought the same thing on my Fusion until I realized that unlike previous vehicles when you hold the volume down button it doesn't go down slowly it goes down to 0 (muted) almost immediately. In other words they made the volume down button respond much faster so it works as a mute button just by holding it for a split second.

I understand it doesn't go back to the previous volume but it works just fine otherwise.

Would you just try it before you get all snarky? I thought the same thing on my Fusion until I realized that unlike previous vehicles when you hold the volume down button it doesn't go down slowly it goes down to 0 (muted) almost immediately. In other words they made the volume down button respond much faster so it works as a mute button just by holding it for a split second.

I understand it doesn't go back to the previous volume but it works just fine otherwise.

Sorry if I came off snarky? You came off condescending... That's what you get on written forums sometimes.

I asked if I was just not seeing a mute somewhere, you tell me to use the volume button??

I have a hearing deficiency, and I use hearing devices to help correct it. It takes me a little longer to get the volume set to the correct volume. There is a fine line being able to understand speech

and getting feedback.

I'll keep just turning it off.

Sorry if I offended you.