2013 Wheel Question

Cruiser64

I just picked up my 2013 SE with the 17" painted wheels. I have learned from reading that the 11-13 wheels should have the same bore but I'm wondering if any wheel off a Edge in those years will fit my edge. I really like the 13 sport wheels and have been searching Craigslist and Ebay. What if any issues should I expect with fitment and also speed-o problems, handling or mpg's. Any info would be great.

Thanks Cruiser

Use this calculator to determine what a different size wheel and tire does to your original stock speedometer reading, tire rpm, etc. You don't want to make a change to anything that deviates more than 3% from original as a rule of thumb.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Ford Edge stock OEM tire sizes are

235/65/17

245/60/18

245/50/20

265/40/22

Ford Edges can interchange 18 inch wheels and tires to 20 inch with almost no difference at all because of the difference in tire aspects. Compare the stock 18" wheel/tire to the stock 20" wheel/tire using that link and you will see what I mean. You can go from your 17 inch up to 20 inch with no problem. Going to the 22 inch would be too much of a deviation from your stock 17".

The wheels themselves have a 5 X 4.5 lug pattern (114.3mm) with an offset of 39 or 40. Although the hub size opening on the 2011-2013 is 63.4mm (2.5 inches) you can use a wheel with a larger opening by using a hub centric ring. These are basically inserts which reduce the larger opening down to the opening size you need.

Edited by ls973800