2013 AWD EDGE rear axle bang noise

jedi_m

Hello,

First, I want to say that I love my Edge :shift: and I could love it even more if the gas consumption would be as reported in the owner manual.

:sos:

These days I did the first test (play) on the snow with my 2013 AWD Edge and I've noticed a loud bang noise when the it starts to slide on the snow or ice. The system work well and the stability control or traction control does a good job keeping the car on the road, I can see that, but I am wondering if this loud bang noise is normal. Should I complain to Ford dealer? I don't like the mechanics to touch it unless is really necessary.

Thanks,

Jedi_m

Edited by jedi_m

Sounds like it's probably just the stability control working as normal. The system uses solenoids to create brake pressure quickly and those solenoids are loud.

Thanks Waldo,

It sounds like a solenoid changing the position and if thats causing the bang noise, I'm cool with it, although I think is a little loud. I was curious if enybody else has the same issue and hoping to hear what Ford has to say.

Cheers,

Jedi_m

Edited by jedi_m