Trouble installing HIDs, Help

Candurin, may I ask why you switched to Motimotos? I heard so many people complaining about DDM kits on here I didn't want to chance it. Dingo, I'm glad you mentioned they don't get hot, I was worried about them melting something.

I know I'm not Candurin but being an installer for many of these kits, I can vouch for Morimoto in that I never have any issues with Morimoto HID products. DDM though, they are 50/50 on quality. The only nice feature of DDMs are that they have a lifetime warranty, but it's still annoying that they fail 50% of the time.

Why did i switch?

I had used ddm from many years (even back when they were apexcone). When I used the 55w ddm kit in my edge originally, the bulbs didn't match exactly, the wire harness melted any my passenger ballast wouldn't fire right. DDM really didn't help me at all. As a loyal customer (purchased over 7 different ddm kits over the years), I was pissed.

Wanted a higher quality kit and I have been THRILLED with the trs/morimoto kit. I had an install question on the trs kit, called the number and the owner (Scott) picked up on the 3rd ring and walked me through it. DDM you had to fill out an online ticket and hope they call you back (or talk to the receptionist who was kind enough to put you through to a general voicemail).

Dingo, I had to Dremel (thin down) the tabs on the 9006 bulbs in my trs kit on order to twist and lock them in place. I probably could have done without if I struggled a bit more and could get a better grip. Only shaved/thinned about 1/32" (maybe even a bit less).