HID Thumping Sound High/Low Beam

I have a 2013 Edge Limited AWD with factory installed HIDs, about 4 months old with 4k miles. Tonight for the first time I noticed a very distinct thumping sound coming from the engine compartment when I switched the HIDs from hi beam to low beam, and vice versa. My wife was with me and she heard it too, and it happened every time I changed from high to low, or low to high. It was very cold outside, if that has any bearing. It's a single thump each time I change the beam. Is this normal? Thanks!

Thanks guys. I felt pretty dumb posting that so I'm glad others have heard it and that it's normal. I thought I was pretty tuned into the car but this was the first time in 4 months that I ever noticed it. Maybe it's more pronounced when it's cold, or maybe it's because the car was stopped when I flipped on the high beams so there wasn't any road noise to drown it out. (Wife wanted me to see if the deer were in the woods when we pulled into the driveway....)

So this week I go to the dealer for my first routine service visit. I have absolutely nothing on my "Fix or Check This" list, and my Edge is the first new car I've ever owned where I haven't had some small nit to be taken care of. I even did two self-installed updates to MFT that went flawlessly. I'm really very satisfied with my Edge, so glad I came back to Ford!

Don't feel bad. This is the first vehicle I've had with the actuated shutter High beam system.. I never knew this existed and thought the bulbs had the dual mode hi-lo. I heard the noise and had my wife flipping the highs on and off until I figured it out. Learn something new everyday!