MKX, heating issue

ELation

I don't know if there's something wrong with it or it's poorly designed.

In Auto setting, the heat only comes from the floor, and yes that is normal.

Problem is it doesn't warm up even if I drive for 30 minutes.

My knee,thigh ,and calf were freezing when I got home.

You feel the cold air everywhere else but the feet.

Then when the cabin temperature finally reaches the set temperature (not last night), it starts to blow cold air on your face.

Really... why doesn't it just hold the warm air instead.

Jeeez :rant2:

or and rear passenger area feel always cold. I don't know why rear vents don't come on with front low vents.

Last night was -8c (16F) outside and my set temperture is 22.5c (72F)

Edited by ELation

ELation: I have experienced the cold air blowing in my face only after making a downward setting in the AUTO Climate temperature setting and the Climate system then tries to cool down the already-warmed interior of my MKX.

During winter, like you, I prefer to have warmed air directed at my feet, which I achieve my using the TOUCH Climate screen to manually set the air distribution path downward, leaving only the fan speed on Auto.

You may wish to assess the full range of manual Climate settings using the TOUCH screen.

You may want verify that all the air distribution paths are fuctional by manually selecting each path.

You may also want to manually adjust the temperature settings upward & downward while on full AUTO to verify operation of the air mixer door.

But, if your system consistently takes 30 minutes to deliver heat, sounds like a visit to your dealer is likely -- if you haven't gone there already.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz