navigation taking you on an extended journey

This Has Happened To Me A Few Times Now, When I Stop Somewhere During The Trip And Turn The Car Off It Changes The Route And Seems To Make It Longer And Uses totally Out Of The Way Roads. On The Way To New York It Did It To Me And Froze For A While, When It Started Working It Added Like An Hour Which I Just Took As Traffic Changes. On The Way Home Same Thing Happened But It Tried To Add An Hour And A Half By Taking Me Off Of The Turnpike And Taking Back Roads. This Is ridiculous And Makes Zero Sense Since It Adds Time And Miles So We Can't Say It Was Trying To Help.

That is the "See America" by Ford option. You can disable it. (get a garmin :hysterical2: )

did you notice that you Capitalized All Your Words In Your Post ? Just wondering ... :shades:

Sry I've got no constructive help for you except to say, get a Garmin .. they're far superior in every way IMO.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had that problem once on a two hour trip to visit a historical site. GPS keep taking me the strangest routes. So went into settings and discovered someone (my kids probably) had set it to avoid all freeways and Interstates, ferries, and toll roads. After I fixed the settings, it worked fine. Check your settings. GPS devices do not have minds of tjheir own.

Actually....our 3.5 Limited 2012 Edge is the best car we have ever owned.