Disable all warning chime sounds completely

• 1 month later...

Stop! Don't cut any wires! Lol. I disabled the seat belt and auto door locks in both our Ram pickup and our old car. It's done by going through a sequence of turning the key on and locking and unlocking the doors and turning off the key. Then the horn will sound to let you know you did it right. Or maybe the doors unlock, I'm not sure. And then I had to do the same thing for the seat belt chime only instead of locking and unlocking the doors it was the seat belts I had to click and unclick. So I would think the Edge would be similar. I sure hope we can do it to our 2013! But I think I found something on the one that we test drove that it could be disabled through the My Ford screens by the speedometer. It should be in the owners manual under seat belts and door locks. I hope this helps.

I'd love to disable to auto-door lock, but he's right about the seat belt. Put your key on acc. and when the seat belt red light comes on, click your seat belt. Undo and redo your seat belt 9 times or so while the light is off, and after, when you unclick it, the light should stay off. For some reason, though, mine keeps coming back on.

And here's the procedure for the the locks:

1. Turn car on

2. Press unlock on door 3 times

3. Turn key to 1st position

4. Press unlock 3 times

5. Turn car on again and horn will chirp (now in programming mode)

6. Press unlock and then lock. Horn will chirp once for deactivating auto lock and twice for activating it.

7. Turn car off and horn will chirp (now out of programming mode)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...