ABS, stability light and a ranch light don't go away!

cornellv

so,

I had those 3 lights comming on the board for a while, in the begining it was just for few minutes, then they will go away, then after few days again....then they were just stady. I had issues with one of the tires, loosing presure and found it flat one day, plus brakes were bad.

i went to a friend in NTB and replaced all tires with new same model tires (pirelli scorpion) and replaced brakes and all disks. he wanted to clear the codes but he couldnt

I placed my computer on the DBII port to read the codes, but it says it is empty, I went to a parts store so they can read with their computer and the same empty situation. he adviced me that I need to unplug the battery and then plug it back on, for the computer to clear the screen. DID that and did not help.

what do you think?

thx

cornell v

ABS light could be a sensor going bad or getting bad data. I assume these were not replaced at the time of the tire/brake job.

Stability light possibly due to the stability control being turned off. Should turn the feature back on. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/2533-2008-sel-fwd-stability-control-system/

Wrench light - not the maintenance light, right? Could be transmission sensors having an issue. Are you still under the 5 yr/60k powertrain warranty?

What driveability issues, if any, are you experiencing at this point in time? Any noises/smells? Was there any damage to the vehicle from say, running over a pothole, or an accident?

ABS light could be a sensor going bad or getting bad data. I assume these were not replaced at the time of the tire/brake job.

Stability light possibly due to the stability control being turned off. Should turn the feature back on. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/2533-2008-sel-fwd-stability-control-system/

Wrench light - not the maintenance light, right? Could be transmission sensors having an issue. Are you still under the 5 yr/60k powertrain warranty?

What driveability issues, if any, are you experiencing at this point in time? Any noises/smells? Was there any damage to the vehicle from say, running over a pothole, or an accident?

thx bro...

basically:

-sensors not replaced, just used the old ones!

-the stability, the thing is the button from the dash(middle) does not do anything when pressing it.

-wrench light, correct..sorry I misspelled that on the title- it just turned 75000 a month ago! :(

-a while back it was hit in a parking lot, no a lot, just a scratch, no bent, on the left back, by the wheel, but the lights came after that about 1 month after!

That hit to the rear could explain the problem. May have messed up the rear wheel ABS/vehicle speed sensor, which provides feedback to the traction control system/ABS. I would try replacing at least that one in the left back to see if the problem goes away. If lucky, maybe it's just unplugged or not connected properly, but be prepared to replace.

That hit to the rear could explain the problem. May have messed up the rear wheel ABS/vehicle speed sensor, which provides feedback to the traction control system/ABS. I would try replacing at least that one in the left back to see if the problem goes away. If lucky, maybe it's just unplugged or not connected properly, but be prepared to replace.

sounds good! thx man