Amp install location???

*2012 Edge SEL with MyFord Touch*

I have purchased an Alpine PDX-F4 Amp and an Audiocontrol LC7i.

I am curious where I should install the amp.

1. I can't put it under the front power seats or the rear seats (wont fit)

2. I can't mount it on the back of the back seats because I fold them down for storage often

3. I am thinking of installing it under the rear passenger side panel (where the Sony Amp would be if I had one). However, will it get hot in there?

I've searched all the forums and googled this to death.

Does anyone have pics or info on where they have installed their amp?

Thank you!

-MM

I put both of mine under the floor panel in the cargo area. I had to modify the plastic trays that go around the spare tire to do this, but it worked out well. There is an amp mounted to a board, then mounted to the metal floor on either side of the spare tire. Can't see a thing with the floor panel down. My sub (JL Audio stealth) is in the stock location too so it doesn't even look like I have a system installed. I do not have pics with me, but can post some later.

I have done stereos for several years myself, and did the complete custom install on my honda

Honda Civic Trunk2

Honda Civic Trunk

but after buying the edge and not being up to snuff with all of the newer style cars as well as this not being my profession I didn't want to mess anything up.

Take it to a professional place. It will save you stress and headaches in the future

Here is my new stuff.

Junk in the trunk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ill take your advice. I'm just always paranoid that I'm getting screwed at any of these places. I'll do door speakers myself and put the sub where I want it then let them do the rest. Prolly put my own amps in too. Stealth mode. Let them wire everything up.

Then ill be afraid they'll be like your amps don't work.....heres these for 10 thousand dollars!

Edited by Edged Up

Ill take your advice. I'm just always paranoid that I'm getting screwed at any of these places. I'll do door speakers myself and put the sub where I want it then let them do the rest. Prolly put my own amps in too. Stealth mode. Let them wire everything up.

Then ill be afraid they'll be like your amps don't work.....heres these for 10 thousand dollars!

You have to understand it is a customer service type of field. They provide what you ask for and as long as you are not over bearing most places will work with you. Also find a reputable place that you know someone has been too. If you cant find one just do your research and talk to a few of the places. You will always be able to tell the good ones from the bad ones because of the customer service.

I don't let those shops touch any of audio equipment. The couple times I have been in there, or have friends go in, the gain on my amp always gets maxed, although I haven't been charged yet. LOL

Speaker wire to your speakers can be run down under the door, up the trim piece next to the door, and through the rubber grommet the holds all the wires that go to the door. You should be able to peel it back or loop a hanger and push it through. Then run it to your speaker.

The only think that really intimidates me is that OEM integration stuff like a Audiocontrol LC7i or sumthin like that. Seems easy....just find the right wires...but that's the thing.....finding the right wires.

I can wire an amp and install a speaker but that radio looks like a nightmare to figure it out. Wiring that into that radio me no likey. Someone do a DIY quick!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

*2012 Edge SEL with MyFord Touch*

I have purchased an Alpine PDX-F4 Amp and an Audiocontrol LC7i.

I am curious where I should install the amp.

1. I can't put it under the front power seats or the rear seats (wont fit)

2. I can't mount it on the back of the back seats because I fold them down for storage often

3. I am thinking of installing it under the rear passenger side panel (where the Sony Amp would be if I had one). However, will it get hot in there?

I've searched all the forums and googled this to death.

Does anyone have pics or info on where they have installed their amp?

Thank you!

-MM

Considering that we are both second gen Edges, I think the best place would be where the stock Sony Amp would be. You could modify the slits in there to act as vents.