spark plugs and brakes

jlyon

my wife drives our Edge and always has our kids in the car with her most of the time. it is time to do a brake job on it, front and rear. i actually put a set of cheap pads on the rear just to buy me a bit of time to do it all the way around. i normally replace pads and rotors when i do a brake job. i used to work for Ford and with my discount, it was going to cost around $300 using Ford parts. i got to looking around online and have decided to go aftermarket. i just can't decide if i want cross drilled and slotted rotors or just cross drilled. what would be you guy's thoughts? im leaning to just cross drilled, but not too sure. also, should i go ceramic or semi-metallic?

also, has anyone put pulstar plugs in? did you see an increase in mpg's? i got a set of these as it is time to change the plugs. i had a set of these in my Escape 2.3L i used to have and i seen an increase of 3 mpg.

I installed slotted rotors all around (off of ebay) and the work fine and look good. I have never read one objective posting anywhere, including studies from EPA, the show any performance or economy increase from a change in spark plugs. Dual Plat and Iridium will last longer in some applications. You many have experienced and improvement if your old plugs were under-performing.

Edited by Feirstein

If a simple plug change could increase mpg the mfrs would have done it ages ago.

Stay away from cross drilled rotors and just go with slotted if possible. Cross drilling can weaken the rotor and cause cracks if not done correctly. If you do go with them make sure they're high quality made in the USA.