Hey, just looking for opinions on components for my 08 limited. I have already gotten rid of the stock speakers and threw in two pairs of the kenwood kfc c6894ps for the front and rear doors. was wondering if i will hear a major difference with a decent pair of components. they are being powered by an alpine ktp-445u power pack which puts out 45w per channel rms. I still feel like its lacking a bit. also replaced the stock sub with the polk db840 dvc being powered by a rockford fosgate r250-1d. any thoughts on upgrading fronts, rears and the sub are appreciated. no boxes though, i need my storage area quite often. Thanks guys!

Have you used an EQ or signal processor yet? That will improve your sound quality by giving you more options to tune your sound. Also do you have tweeters placed above the armrest or in the A-pillers as they are in the Edges with the factory upgraded stereo system? I would leave your speakers as is and then get set of tweeters for highs. I have no idea what your sound system sounds like but this is just some ideas I would go with. I am still in the process of researching the exact pieces I want for the rest of my stereo upgrades.

it sounds decent, but i want it a bit louder on the high end. i havent tried an eq or signal processor. i still have the stock hu, so it may not be able to twek too much. no tweeters in the pillars, they werent there in my 08, just plate type speakers in the doors. i think i get enough thump from the sub, just hate the plastic box its in. i should have gotten the jl stealthbox, but couldnt justify the $$ when i upgraded. post back what you figure out for yours

Stock head unit or not an EQ to tune your frequency's is something that helps with sound quality. If you want louder bass the plastic box is going to have to go and you are going to want to either a the JL style stealth box or go bigger from there. Your focus had smaller space to fill with sound than your edge. Cleaner frequency will allow you to turn up your volume higher withough distortion and an EQ helps with that. Like I said there are numerous routes that you can take it just depends on the money you want to spend and which route you are trying to take.

was trying to avoid the cool grand ir so it would take for the stealthbox and amp, as far as the boom goes, should have just bitten the bullet a while back. i will look into an eq or signal processor, and still possibly a set of components for the front at least. i can always just eliminate the rear door speakers altogether

If you're looking for a better sound, you could actually build a box to replace those things under the floor around the spare. You could even utilize the current amp. Build it so that the box is the same height as those current supports and just recess the sub with a grill on it. That way, your floor is still supported and you have better sound quality than with that stock sub.

Or just replace the stock box with a wooden one. I always hated that stock sub. I might just take it out entirely.

If I were capable of doing that I probably would. I would have to check with a local shop to see if they would kill me on pricing too. I'm semi satisfied with it, but I would definitely like a more well rounded sound. thoughts on the components just for the front doors? seriously considering just getting some comps up front and bridging the alpine amp to 90w per channel.

Thoughts on some infinity kappa 680.9cs components in the front with the alpine power pack bridged to 90 watts per channel and doing away with the rear speakers? If i do this, I would have to mount the tweeters separately. Has anybody checked to see if there is enough room in the pillars to add tweeters? I don't have tweeters in them now, and want to make it as easy as possible

That sounds like a good combo. I've always been a fan of alpine type-r components, and I put Bravox is my brother's ride this year and he loves them. (soundsolutionsaudio.com/store) is where you can find Bravox. Doinf away with the rear speakers should be fine if you don't have riders often. I get complaints from them that there's "too much bass in the back seat." LOL. I've never take the pillars off to find out how much room there is, but they seem pretty big and empty. Just mount them in a little PVC end.

...I'd be willing to do a box like that for you this summer, but then you have shipping and it's probably not anymore cost efficient.

Tried to check out that website, but they were down for maintenance, and the secondary site didnt carry any bravox at the moment. i might just do the components and splurge on the stealthbox for some extra thump. but if you are going to build your own box, i would definitely be interested in seeing it to see what you did and what kind of sub you were able to put in there

Sorry about that. The brother of the owner is a webpage developer (something like that) so they're constantly making it easier to navigate. I guess last time they changed it, the link to the store changed, too. http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ There you go, and it is up and running. Also, remembered that it wasn't Bravox, I don't think they stock those anymore. My brother told me they were Incriminator Audio... I should know this stuff.

You can check out my build log. I already have a box, but it's for a 15" SSA Icon, so I have the whole height of the trunk, but only ten inches of depth. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone do what I described on here. I used to own JL equipment, and it is spectacular stuff, just extremely overpriced, plus I like working with my hands. LOL I'm sure you could fit a couple 8s under the floor or some slim 10s or 12s. I know JLs bottom line stuff is cheap and still well-made. I put a couple 12s of the W1s or W0s under the seats of my buddy's F150. Our trunk is much easier to work with and wire. Maybe I'll get tired of not having my whole trunk and venture into what I described, but I'm a college student. Money doesn't allow for constant experimentation.

Edited by wannabang

Sorry about that. The brother of the owner is a webpage developer so they're constantly making it easier to navigate. I guess last time they changed it, the link to the store changed, too. http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ There you go, and it is up and running. Also, remembered that it wasn't Bravox, I don't think they stock those anymore. My brother told me they were Incriminator Audio... I should've known this.

You can check out my build log. I already have a box, but it's for a 15" SSA Icon, so I have the whole height of the trunk, but only ten inches of depth. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone do what I described on here. I used to own JL equipment, and it is spectacular stuff, just extremely overpriced, plus I like working with my hands. LOL I'm sure you could fit a couple 8s under the floor or some slim 10s or 12s. I know JLs bottom line stuff is cheap and still well-made. I put a couple 12s of the W1s or W0s under the seats of my buddy's F150. Our trunk is much easier to work with and wire. Maybe I'll get tired of not having my whole trunk and venture into what I described, but I'm a college student. Money doesn't allow for constant experimentation.