Vista roof

DavidLeB

So my sunroof leaked the other day in the car wash :s So I brought it to my dealer they checked

it out "re adjusted" it so after all this they told me

if it still leaks to stay out of the car wash. So I dont know if somebody else has had this problem. Please send some feedback

I go through the car wash 5-15 times a week (pollen season), and I've never had a leak.

Dingo... Long time no talk buddy.. I understand the POLLEN, being that you're in GA and I, in FL.. But 5-15 times a week? OCD or just can't stand it to not look like it was brand new off the lot?

Are you certain that it's the BAMR leaking? Our 2011 Explorer went back to the dealer 10 x and spent close to 120 days there while they tried to fix a leak. It turned out to be a butyl rubber caulk seam. Why it took them so long to find it is beyond me. They replaced the sunroof assembly twice.

Edited by Edgieguy

• 2 years later...

2015 Edge leak from upper center console by glasses holder

My 2015 Edge has entered it’s first rainy season. When parked flat, or facing up hill it does not leak. However I back in to my 25 degree slopped driveway and water pours in the center of the roof at the location of the dome light switch/panoramic roof controllers. The dealer had it for a week and took it completely apart and thought that the leak was near the rear of the roof and when facing downhill it ran to the roof center console area. Fortunately I found it early and was able to put down a blanket to absorb the initial run off.

Unfortunately the dealers efforts did not solve the problem as it still leaks under those circumstances. Anyone else had this issue? There are lots leaks reported, but few regarding the roof.