Touch-sensitive door handle locks

Guys, I'm just curious as to what makes the Intelligent Access touch-sensitive door lock work. I'm referring to the bump on the outside surface of the door handle. Is it triggered by pressure, warmth, or moisture in the skin? Weird thing is, when I lightly touch it with my finger, it works fine, but applying the same light touch with my thumb, it works about 50% of the time now (and just about 0% during the wnter months). Unlocking the doors with the sensor on the inside of the handle has been consistently perfect, but of course I don't use my thumb for that. Really weird, right? Definitely not my imagination. Please tell me I don't need a thumb transplant.....

I noticed the same thing too, c_bova, drives me crazy when I wash the car. It doesn't take much water pressure either.

bce, I know what you mean about going out and playing with your Edge while the wife wonders what's going on. Late last night I went out to check something on the Edge and I didn't realize my wife had already set the house alarm. The alarm went off when I opened the door to the garage and I kinda got "the look" from both her and the dog....

Edited by edge1217

Yeah, I hear you. I clayed, polished, and waxed the exterior of the car last month and got caught running my hand along the side to feel how smooth the finish was. "Honest, honey, it's ok. I hear that all the professional detailers do this to see if they missed a spot." But perhaps she's right, maybe my hand did linger just a little too long on the rear quarter panel. I can't help it. I have a bad case of EAS (Edge Acquisition Syndrome)! I've had it for over 6 months now and it's not going away....

Too funny, guys! Richy you're the guy that got me into all this mess with that Iron X/Clay/DG 501/105/601/Collinite thing. And now you're turning me onto some kinda bubble bath for the Edge. Geez, man, you're a homewrecker!

Uhh, I'll call in an order to Corey first thing in the AM.....