2013 Silver SEL Edge AWD w/ Appearance Pkg.....Likes/Dislikes

jsjs1

Overall, I'm very happy w my new vehicle....just wish it was paid for. I was out the door for $35,500 which included $3500 in rebates. I couldn't get them to go lower but did ask that they throw in a top of the line aftermarket car starter. Other options: Nav, sync, Appearance pkg, AWD.......No roof, no tow pkg, no power rear hatch, no roof rails, no drivers entry pkg. I basically found exactly what I wanted.....If I was to order one I'd get it just like this. I really like this vehicle at this point.....just trying to not f... it up. No door dings yet!

Dislikes

1. Gas mileage in real life(not what the display says) 50/50 mix of hwy/city driving. Just shy of 20 miles/gallon.

2. No pocket in the center console area to put shit. I like to take my wallet and phone out when doing long trips.....I've been using the ledge right in front of the guage cluster and seems to be a good spot for the wallet for sure. It'd be cool if they could cut a pocket into the center console where the Sync badge is but that may be a cover for some electronics, not sure. It was 5 days that I had the vehicle until I noticed the little area by your legs to put stuff and there is the huge center console but its not the most convenient due to its large lid.

3. Sync sometimes has a mind of its own. Nothing crazy on mine like some have experienced. For instance, last night I had the accessory on while listening to music via the usb port(btw-let me just tell you this is awesome...you can copy all your iTunes music onto one of those 1/2" usb drives and stick that in the Edge......bam, all your music and no need for your ipod or phone) and when I finally started the engine it switched the source to cd.

4. No pocket in the armrest on the door. On a windy day in ND and in a crowded parking lot I wish I had a little more leverage than what the current handle offers.

5. Now that I have nice wheels I have to clean them(this is just filler)

6. Talking through the sync menus such as navigation can be frustrating. I think the key here is knowing and understanding what sync recognizes and what it doesn't. You need to know the menu system.

7. Transmission is not as responsive as I'd like.....kinda slow when you step it down. I'm getting older though and I don't have a need to be steppin' it down all the time anyway.

1. The vehicle is sharp...inside and out.

2. Love the tech, 3 displays, ability to configure stuff

3. Wheels, 20's, yeah!

4. Power seats-fully adjustable with lumbar support.

5. push button fold down rear seats.

6. Ride-pretty comfortable on my 9+ hr drives to western ND

7. Love the power ports and 2 usb ports...very handy

8. No gas cap...pretty sweet.

9. AWD-If you travel wintery roads often you'll love this. You can turn one of the displays in the guage cluster to show your AWD system and it will display which wheels are slipping. I can than lower my speed to where I'm more in control. This is invaluable to me since I rolled my '06 Frontier on I-94 on an icey patch.

I kind of wish I would have got silver but the boss wanted ruby red. Ours is a plain SEL cloth etc. everthing we need. So far we like it, only 1700 miles on it. We've been averaging 23/24 per gallon. There is one thing that I really don't like. The door stop arms with the crazy two notches/curves , makes the door go when you don't want it to. Ours was $27,500 out the door. Sauers Ford Michigan City, Indiana.. Is ND North Dakota or Notre Dame ??

Larry

Northern,In

post-26092-0-65371400-1368743183_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...