Fog light bezel removal and refinish

• 5 weeks later...

To Maus: I like the work you did refinishing the fog lamp bezels on your '07. I just bought a 2013 Edge and was quite disappointed to find out it did not have fog lamps. Mike (mtbalser) has illustrated how he installed an after market kit fog lamp and it looks pretty good. My question for you is do you think the '07 style bezels will fit in the corners of the lower grill of my '13 model? The shape of the bezel looks like it might fit, but not sure of the overall size. I'm open for any suggestions for the best way to install fog lamps. Thanks.

RadioBob

dude........I've been soo swamped...I have no time to write guides...i'm also working on my g35...didn't want to post pics of it in fear of being flamed for it being non ford..lol

the lights are aftermarket..runs like 250-280 depending on the finish..i just stuck my Nightvision HIDS in ..the grille I did myself with good ole PD...LOVE that stuff.....

the taillights are a work in progress....slowly piecing them together

I'm interested in your G35. My buddy owns and mods his. It won't be flamed if it's in the "other ride" thread. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby:

I bought a set of these at Harbor Freight. I pushed the edge of the fat tool between the bezel and the bumper where Maus says to push on his picture and the bezel fell out in my hand.

image_16103.jpg

To install, it just snaps right in.

While you're there, it's really easy to install the HIDs too.

Have fun.

• 4 months later...

About to do this. Wish me luck.

*Update: Guess I'm not strong enough to push far enough in on the bumper, and a screwdriver isn't popping it off, so this will be postponed until I can find my plastic panel removal tool...or the spring, when it's warm enough to do them with them on the car.

Edited by wannabang

Probably need warmer weather/heat gun to make the plastic more pliable. I tried to do remove the fog lamp housing too, to update the lighting. Budged, but not enough, even with both hands and all kind of pry tools at the ready :(

That's not very encouraging! I can wait until summer though. The chrome looks all right so long as I have chrome headlight housings.