need help quick

jlyon

im on the verge of trading in my Edge because of what has happened the last week. i did a tune up on it as it has 113,000 miles on it. immediately a bad coil reared it's ugly head. that was easy to since i have the torque app and bluetooth adapter. now, while driving up a slight hill or just under a load, it bucks some until it down shifts and then smooths out. on Monday, my wife was driving to work and the cluster died and the wrench light came on. also, it felt like the trans was slipping in first really bad. i looked at it and when you put into gear, reverse or drive, was like you were doing a neutral drop, or a bomb exploded in the trans. it has stopped doing that now, and shifts perfectly but the bucking while driving is still there. the cluster works fine too. i scanned the system and there are no codes saved. im thinking it is a speed sensor. i did check the trans fluid and it's not burnt or low. has anyone run into this?

An issue has been noted with the PCM being the culprit behind bad coils. And if it has a bad PCM, it can lead to ALL the problems you have described above. Replacement of the PCM/ECU may be your solution.

with the searching i have done, i did see something about the pcm. i did have a coil go bad and i replaced it. if the pcm was going bad, wouldn't there be a code stored? most of the searching i have done led me to either the speed sensor and/or turbine speed sensor. the speed sensor is on the outside of the trans i can easily do that myself.

• 2 weeks later...

ok. driving in this morning, the "bucking" was getting really bad and while running down the road it went into "safe" mode for a very short time. once i got onto hwy 121, the speedo stopped, the odo displayed dashes and the wrench light came on. this is the what happened to my wife, and the reason for me driving it for the last 2 weeks. i immediately scanned it, while driving, and it came up with.........

Screenshot_2013-06-28-10-47-11.png