p0351 Help

T-Mills59

Hey all, so i replaced my the spark plugs in my wifes 07 edge along with the oil, cabin air filter, and engine air filter for the 90k mile scheduled maintenance. After getting everything put back together i notice the car has a little shudder sitting in park and then when i restart it and go drive it i got a CEL and the car is definitely shuddering while sitting still with brakes on at a light or stop sign and gets even worse right when you let off the brake to accelerate. I also dont have any cool air blowing but rather just warm air but it still blows at full strength. I check the CEL and got code p0351 which points to something with plug one. I have looked into possible causes and its looking like the PCM causes a problem to melt the coil packs. I have not actually verified the coil pack to see if it is burnt or not since i have to remove the air filter and all again. In doing research i found this page https://circuitboardmedics.com/2007-2008-2009-ford-edge-lincoln-mkx-pcm-ecm-repair/

to fix the PCM if it is the problem (hopefully not) but has anyone ever used this service or know anyone who has. If the PCM is the root cause and burning out the coil pack why would it all the sudden happen after a plug change with no previous problems. And why would i not get any cool air? Changing a cabin air filter would doubtfully cause this and i dont see why the PCM would be controlling how cool the air gets? Any help would be appreciated.

So I just went and pulled off the intake to get to the coil pack. I was expecting the worst hoping for the best and when I got back to the other side othe motor I saw a plug wus not connected right! Whew. What a load off! I don't know why that effected the AC but it did an everything is back to running great now.

• Like 1