Dunno why I didn't install LEDS long ago

just put these in the front lights in the cab. already more of a yellow color now instead of the blue it was before....now to wait till it gets dark to compare

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-6000K-6-LED-5630-SMD-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-T10-194-168-W5W-PROJECTOR-LENS-BULBS-/221255947917

these are what was in it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEWEST-OSRAM-CHIP-2PC-5W-JDM-7000K-WHITE-LED-SMD-T10-194-168-W5W-LIGHT-BULBS/221253297231

• 3 years later...

After the wow factor of LED puddle lamps, I've moved inside. I bought T10 LED's for the front map lights, but when I pulled it down to install them, they were already LED's! Wondered why they were so much brighter than the rear

So in the rear interior/map light, those festoon type had not been changed. I installed these in all 3 spots (2 map, 1 courtesy) and WOW!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZJF7GTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One note from earlier threads though. They were flickering a bit, so I had to take them out, squeeze the contacts in the housing, and snap the LED's back in. Perfect now :shift:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I purchased some led festoon type bulb to replace mine in the rear but cant seem to get them to stay on. I never had any issues with the stock bulbs but since I made the swap when I hit a bump or anything they stop working. I checked it out the other night and when I shut the either back door they flicker almost as if it losing its connection. When I got in this morning to come home from work they were on, after driving home and having to go over a few speed bumps before parking and opening my door again, they weren't on. I leaned back and tapped on the roof a few inches in front and they came on.

Im not sure if when I took the old ones out I loosened the metal clips or what but do either of you have any suggestions so they can stay on everytime i open the door? I had someone suggest using electrical tape to hold em in as well as wrapping the ends with a little bit of aluminum foil. Im against that for obvious reasons and don't want electrical tape to melt and get nasty when I replace them again later on.

I'm against using foil for electrical conductivity. I know this is a low power LED, but I've seen somebody try to use it elsewhere before and basically the microwave blew up like a bomb. He was an idiot and trying to bypass a fuse to see what was wrong.

Like I said I'm sure it's a bit different for an LED but bending the post a tiny bit seems like a better idea than wrapping a connection with a loose thin sheet of aluminum.

I'm against using foil for electrical conductivity. I know this is a low power LED, but I've seen somebody try to use it elsewhere before and basically the microwave blew up like a bomb. He was an idiot and trying to bypass a fuse to see what was wrong.

Like I said I'm sure it's a bit different for an LED but bending the post a tiny bit seems like a better idea than wrapping a connection with a loose thin sheet of aluminum.

I agree with you totally on this. If its as simple as bending a clip back in place than that's what ill try when I have a chance to do so. Just the idea of adding something that's not supposed to go there and adding to it that it deals with electrical just scares me.

Yea, I mean yes it will conduct electricity but so does a potato...I don't see anybody using a potato to connect that last few inches of a circuit.

Some things are better left to original use. Some cheap foil just does not seem to be the way to go in a vehicle. I'd even dare to wonder what happens when a kid bumps the switch back there to always on, and that tin foil light is on over night.