FOR ANYONE WITH FRONT WINDOWS TINTED I have a question..

Hey guys,

Im thinking of getting the front 2 windows tinted. What did you guys pay to get yours tinted...the guy at the shop said 20 percent is what is going to be the closest match to the back factory.

What did you guys pay for yours who have them done and what percent did you get? Post pics if you want. I have the dark charcoal grey color..hopefully it should look good.

Thanks

Mike

Hey guys,

Im thinking of getting the front 2 windows tinted. What did you guys pay to get yours tinted...the guy at the shop said 20 percent is what is going to be the closest match to the back factory.

What did you guys pay for yours who have them done and what percent did you get? Post pics if you want. I have the dark charcoal grey color..hopefully it should look good.

Thanks

Mike

$40.00 per window. I had each one (except front windshield) done at 15%.

With the exsisting tint on the passenger door windows and the "back" windows, those are nearly limo tint now.

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Looks good , thanks for the price , so I should expect to pay around $40 a window. That is what I had figured.

Ummm...I don't know if I would say that. This is for Memphis, TN and also the place I have taken every car I have owned in the last 10 years. I don't remember what they charged 10 years ago but I do know the last 3 cars I had them do, the price was $40.00.

I would call around to a few "high-end" car dealerships. Ask them who, locally, does their after-market window tinting.

Once you get a consensus, check the BBB for that company. I'd even do Google them and see if you can find any negative/positive reviews.

Call them and find out their prices. I'd go by their shop and check them out; even ask for a few references. Sure, they will give you good customers but you can still see the quality of their work.

With the exsisting tint on the passenger door windows and the "back" windows, those are nearly limo tint now.

Good Hands, are you saying you had tint put over the already factory tinted glass?

I was quoted $50 for the front 2 windows. Legal is 30% and it comes in Titanium and Carbon. The installer said Carbon would be a better color match to the rear windows but the Titanium is better at keeping out heat. I'm thinking of going 20% however cause it will match the rear better in regards to shade. It's not legal but I think they will still install it but just won't warranty it. I wish they made a 25%.

Good Hands, are you saying you had tint put over the already factory tinted glass?

I was quoted $50 for the front 2 windows. Legal is 30% and it comes in Titanium and Carbon. The installer said Carbon would be a better color match to the rear windows but the Titanium is better at keeping out heat. I'm thinking of going 20% however cause it will match the rear better in regards to shade. It's not legal but I think they will still install it but just won't warranty it. I wish they made a 25%.

That is correct. I had them tint over the factory tint; hence, the nearly limo tint.

That is intersting about them installing the 20% but not warranty-ing it. Tint places (at least here in TN) have a sticker they put on the windows indictating that the tint is within the state limits. If you go with a darker tint, they won't apply the window sticker.

Either way; they will warranty it. The warranty is to the tint and the application. It has nothing to do with whether it is legal or not.

I had my front 2 windows matched to the factory tint and it was around 12% I believe that gave the best look.

total cost was $100 for a lifetime warranty and upgraded tint (titanium particles or something).

It matches pretty good.

Just dropped the Edge off at the tint place. They did a co-workers Maseratti last week ( %5 ) and they did a good job with it. He only charged me $30 a window , so $60 total for the front 2 and he told me 20% would be matching the closest to the stock tint.

As I dropped it off he was tinting the front 2 windows of a 4runner ( or just had finished ) and he told me to look at it and it matched well with the stock tint the 20%.

Will try and post pics later in the week when I get a chance.

Thanks for your opinions , much appreciated.

Mike

I had my front 2 windows matched to the factory tint and it was around 12% I believe that gave the best look.

total cost was $100 for a lifetime warranty and upgraded tint (titanium particles or something).

It matches pretty good.

Place I always take my cars to down here in West Ft Lauderdale area... will do my entire car with Titanium for $130... 5% on front and 20% on all others.... will take pics and submit when I get it done ;o)

• 1 month later...

The $40 that I paid to have my tint done was nothing compared to the $250 ticket I got because they were too dark!!

Here in TX, the MAX is 15%, and mine were at 20%. The bad news is that I didn't even ask for mine to be 20%, the guy that did my tint thought he was helping me out since I have black leather interior... very helpful huh!!

I didn't know about the "sticker" that you all know about - until the office put the meter on, and told me that the installer knew that they were too dark.

Better luck to y'all...

Jilly-bean