How to cure the rough ride

jlineman

My 2008 Edge has 60,000 miles on it and rides like a Tank! It did this with the original tires and now II have Michlien LTX MS tires on it and they are inflated 2 lbs less than called for on the door jam. The car doesn't seem to bounce up and down when you push down on the fenders, so I don't think it;s worn out shocks. When you ride in the back seat and hit any little seam in the highway it just bangs. I am begunining to think it's just the way these short wheel base cars ride but it gets old driving on a concrete highway...bang...bang...bang at every seam. Does anyone know of any suspension changes that would soften the ride or am I just stuck?

Are you the original owner of this Edge? If the struts/springs are fine, they may not be mounted correctly, or the stops (determine the limits of strut travel) may be too short.

Have you taken it in for servicing/inspection?

We are the original owners. Haven't taken it in to the dealer for this even though they have done all the warranty and what little service work it has needed. I'll do that...I just figured the shock/struts surely couldn't have gone bad already. We'll see and thanks for the suggestion.