I need tire advice from someone with more knowledge than myself

Jackman5000

So I have 2012 limited edge.

New tire time; I am thinking about bumping up the 18's a bit. Not bigger wheels, just bigger tires. (I take the edge everywhere I need...sometimes washboard roads. Nothing crazy, just a bit of extra tread maybe and some more sidewall to absorb shock. Does it work like this or am I way off and should just stay w factory size?

Currently running 245/60/18's

If someone wants to make specific suggestions, I will be buying from discount tire. Anybody wanna cite exact size/tire recommendations? Lol. Thx everyone!

Use this tire size calculator to see what other sizes will come close to the OEM for speedometer readings, RPM's, circumference, etc. One rule of thumb is to stay within 3% of original specs on the speedometer. The Edge can go from an 18" wheel/tire to a 20" wheel/tire with no problem because of the different aspect ratios on the tires used. No need to recalibrate anything if the right size tire is used.

With you staying in the 18" size, there are several sizes I am sure you could install with no problem.

If you use the calculator I've linked to, make sure you enter the security code even though it is crossed out on the link.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

• 8 months later...