Anti-Theft System

Hi,

Just got my base model Ford Edge..the only level i can afford ;) . After 3 days of use i notice that is does not have an Anti-Theft System installed. Now, i went back to the dealership and they check my car, tested and told me that is doesn't have any installed in it. So i decided and told them to install such device just to have myself a peace of mind. I waited for i think 2 hours at the quick lane lobby 'til it was finished and i havent seen the thing that was installed in my car except for that blinking led light on my dashboard , sticker and a little pack of manual of the device. Here's how it cost me for the installation. Please tell me if it's too much cost for the said add-on.

Please check attached receipt..

Labor : $144.28

Parts: $155.71

Tax: $12.85

Total: $312.84

post-27316-0-10486200-1374985025_thumb.jpg

I had a security system installed for $250... Then had thieves break my windows and rob me anyway. Check my most recent thread for a video on essentially thief-deterrent film by Ace Security Laminates. That will prevent a break in, and then you'll just have to lock your doors.

• Like 1

The price for the fair.. The kit retails between 130.00 to 155.00 and the labor is about right...all though it should only take about 1 hour since they are using existing door locks and most of the wiring, all they added was the light, a shock sensor and the sticker...they should use the existing horn that came with the se.. I bought the 2013 se ...just like you, it was all I could afford at the time, I'm glad because it's more fun adding stuff from scratch, I've added the DRL's from daytime brightlights, weather tech Matt's, gas tank key lock, the trunk lid cover to hid stuff, redline tunning hood lifter, air filter, there is plenty to do to the car, however I am waiting for the 2013 chilton repair book to install a true car alarm because I do not want some installer messing up my wiring as they always do..