20 inch matte blacks on 2012 limited?

Jackman5000

Hey guys

I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on either some matte black tsw nurburgring's or tsw donningtons.

However, I have never bought aftermarket wheels before. Is tsw a decent enough wheel? I have the chome clad 18's on right now and getting pretty tired of them. Should I go for 22's? I just don't see as many designs I like in the 22's.

My wife drives the edge a lot.,,,is one curb check a pretty much guaranteed ruined wheel? Or do you really have to hit something pretty hard?

Advice? You guys think matte black 20s on white 2012 limited would look good? Or should I go w chrome?

Thx for your thoughts !

My Edge has stock 18" Chrome clad wheels too. It has received 2 curb checks, one pretty hard one, and the tires protected everything. Luckily, not a scratch on the rims. That will probably change if you get low profile tires. I think Matte black looks good. Now I plasti-dipped my chrome to matte black so the texture is a little different but the style is the same. I think they look great. I can't help you out on the rim size though. Never bought aftermarket wheels.

Bedevil---thx. It helps to have an idea what it's gonna look like. I dig it

Cellbine----yeah I seriously considered plasti dipping the 18s. I saw your video. Well done. I like the looks...just not sure yet. Really wanting the big wheels. Lol.

I wish I knew what to expect with the 22,s. just don't have any experience. I guess I'll just have to dive in. I have friends in Berlin and Bonn. We were there for three weeks last summer. Very fun. Beer is literally cheaper than water at most places we went. And Dirty nasty but really fun amsterdam right up the road. What's not to love? I wish I remembered more about it! ;)

I got 22's with 265 width, 35mm profile and 9 1/2" rims for about 6 months. I kinda wish I got 20's. The rims have been curbed 2 times and bent from a huge unavoidable pot hole. Mine are alloy. Each time, they were repairable but cost about $125 per rim to fix. I still got 1 small scratched rim but havent got around to getting it fixed. If your determined to get 22's, I would definitely get the 40mm profile and smaller width rims like 9" as my rims go right to the edge of the tire. Plus my wife drives it mostly and even though I tell her to be careful, it doesnt matter.