New sub stage set-up after break in

How about that alliteration? lol

Since the break in resulted with my stock floor being contorted, I'm going to put the stock floor back in, once I get the car back from the body shop, (sad) and build a smaller, sealed box for my 15" SSA Icon along with troubleshooting my back up camera and getting the Viper Invisibeam put in.

Here's the plan, most likely to be modified slightly. The battery is represented by the smaller box, and it will be braced some how.

SealedBoxPlan1_zps9bafe283.jpg

SealedBoxPlan2_zpse4d55766.jpg

SealedBoxPlan3_zps0550457f.jpg

The amp will be mounted on the back of the box again, and if I have time, I'll build something to hide the wires, but for now I'm just planning on mounting the fuse to the box. The long, extended piece and the corner brace is to keep the box from sliding/falling. It's about 2.3 cu.ft, sits just below the window line and battery plus the box extend across the entire driver's side trunk panel. It leaves 30 inches of lateral trunk space for me to put the seats down, lie, and store things. It will all be screwed together for security and easy removal to access the spare.

After I killed my little boston sub, I put an 8w1v2 in its hole. Wasn't enough. I then put in my Boston GT-50 and an 8w7ae in a half-assed temp box. Sounds great, looks terrible. I can't put it in the side panel, nor the floor because of it's size, so I'm just going to make a nice box that doesn't take up much space. I've already started collecting parts.

20130813_120453_zpseb00fbbc.jpg

Hmmm... If I have time, a grille would be pretty handy. Anxious to see how it turns out, Dingo.

I'll be beginning the the assembly tomorrow, but have it all cut out today. After working first shift and lifting, transporting, and cutting these boards, I'm exhausted. Later tonight, I hope to get rid of the rest of the false floor and vacuum all the glass out. If I have time after, I'll fix the back-up camera. I over-estimated how much wood I'd need, as I bought two sheets, but finished everything with just one and with a little extra...

Stock floor, false floor pieces, and new box pieces.

20130813_150746_zpsf7ef0943.jpg

20130813_150736_zps6d13e4b9.jpg

I'm not too concerned, but I thought I'd ask for clarification. Since I started building, I've put the fuse 6-8 inches from the power source. To make this look cleaner, I attempted to hide the fuse behind the interior panel. This makes the few roughly 15-20 inches from the battery. It this really an issue, or am I just risking the loss of more wire if it blows?

I'm going to take a second to honor my grandpa. Ever since I got into car audio, we've gotten much closer. We share sarcasm and inside jokes and it makes me feel really good about the future. He's been through so much in his old age, I'm just happy to stand next to him when I can. He's survived a heart attack, three strokes, a driver's side crash that totaled his car, and has lived with tremors all his life (as I do). He's lived to see his brother die of cancer and his mom die of natural causes. It's been rough for him, but I'm glad for every moment he's here. This man is my hero, and I love having such a fun, connecting hobby in common with him. He currently does carpentry for a local church and gave up his mechanics shop a few years after I was born.

Putting the top on with him:

IMG_20130814_195158_zps8cb8e620.jpg

20130814_194712_zpsb35747d5.jpg

...and all but the baffle:

IMG_20130814_195854_zpscd4e6b8f.jpg

• Like 1