well, glad I got the tranny fixed...

carbonedge+

Not sure if it's totaled or not, but this how she sits now:

post-1226-0-13363000-1377658131_thumb.jpg

All that new tranny fluid sits in the road now...Completely my fault; just getting off the phone with my wife as she was taking our daughter to the doctor for a sudden high temperature and realized just too late the light was red; on the brakes hard but hit a Focus turning in front of me. Thankfully, no injuries to either of us.

Awww man I hate to see that :( But of course before anything, I'm glad that you and the people in the Focus were not injured! Cars can always be fixed or replaced

That said.... it still sucks when stuff like this happens (and yes, it was indeed completely your fault..... this is why we don't talk on the damn phone and drive!! :rant2: ), but it doesn't "look" too awful bad. Hopefully they can get you all fixed up soon

• Like 1

Is your daughter doing ok? That would definitely put you in a bad state of mind. Yeah, even handsfree is no guarantee :( And you have taken such good care of your Edge, I am sure, like Jared says, you will be back in business in no time at all!

Her fever is down, but they are not sure what caused it; flu and step tests were negative but they said keep an eye out for pneumonia as she had a mild case of that about a year ago. We'll spend the day at home today.

The week just started rough and continued through yesterday, but I'm not trying to make excuses, I let my guard down and bam! We'll see what insurance says, then go from there...

Sorry to read all about this, from your daughter, to the accident, but thank god, everyone is okay. Cars can be repaired or eplaceds, people can't, so be thankful. I try not to drive and talk (hands free), you do get distracted. Here in N.J., it's against to talk on the phone, unless, of course, hands free. I can't believe how many people I see texting while driving (mostly young girls). Maybe, if they passed a law throughout the country, regarding texting while driving, giving 2-3 year license suspension (1st offense). Does that sound harsh, maybe, but 2 years ago, a cousin of mine, and daughter were killed in a accident because some jerkoff was speeding, and not paying attention as he should have been. No reason for this.

• Like 1

Haha...well, it's totaled...appraiser said she stop assessing after hitting $11k; frame rail and subframe/engine cradle would have to be replaced. The only fluid I ever saw was transmission fluid. I would have thought there would have been antifreeze all over the road but never saw any. Now we just have to wait and see what hey are going to give me.

I should find out this week what they are going to give me for it. The appraiser said she would give the highest rating possible as everything else on it looked clean and to be in great shape.

As much as I loved that car, I think I will take advantage of this opportunity and get something around a 2010 model with better MPGs (Fusion keeps coming to mind); then, once the wife's '13 Explorer is paid off, maybe I'll look to the latest Edge! And maybe by then Ford will have finally come to their senses and put a 3.5L Ecoboost in it!!!