2012 exhaust tips on 08?

When you have time would you post a pic please?

Here you go.

Exhaust tips 1

Exhaust tips 2

Exhaust tips 3

The Magnaflows replace the existing mufflers and are mildly louder than stock, the exhaust has a nice tone to it. Bear in mind that any louder, you would hear the ridiculous shift points of the six speed transmission causing the RPM to vary and hence the exhaust flow and tone. My earliest iteration was a muffler delete with the resonators only. You'll be amazed at how many times the transmission shifts under differing loads. My wife was pissed and my kids started laughing, especially my 16 year old son. After a week or so, when I could no longer come home without every dog in the neighborhood howling, I had the Magnaflows installed. Ah, bliss..

The Magnaflows tuck up into the space of the old mufflers. From the rear, you'll notice that you cant see them drop below the edge of the bumper cover. Magnaflow 11114, going from memory.

• Like 1

Nick:

I was told the middle component was a resonator and the two in the rear were mufflers by my muffler guy. ANSA calls the tips "resonators" but they are just shortened glass packs. Originally, I had the mufflers (in the back) removed and had short pieces of piping installed to replace the missing muffler, the tips were welded to these, keeping the resonator as-is in the middle of the vehicle. At idle, it was throaty and nice, but when I left the parking lot and got on the freeway, it was way too loud. I could audibly detect every shift point and it was difficult to use my phone without picking up the sound of the exhaust. So I elected to have the Magnaflows installed.

There are members on this forum that have performed a muffler delete and a resonator replacement with success. My way is "a way" but may not be "the way" for you. I like my exhaust distinctive, and mildly loud, but not obnoxious.

The exhaust configuration of the edge evolves in the following pictures:

GEN 1 EXHAUST

Gen 1 exhaust, note the hokey u-turn for the exhaust on the firewall side of the engine. [item 7]

GEN 2 EXHAUST

Gen 2 exhaust, with an interesting reconfiguration of the "y" pipe that reconfigures the geometry of the left and right exhaust outlets of the motor. Hokey u-turn eliminated. [item 6]. I'd like to get my hands on one of these. This is still "cat back", but not as convenient as reconnecting downstream.

3.7L Sport Dual Exhaust

3.7 sport configuration with independent piping. If the 3.7 configuration will fit a Gen 1 edge, then you could go dual piping all the way to the back.

I'm working on that sound byte.

Edited by autom8r

Nick:

Here is another way. I partially followed this one. Deleted mufflers, and since the tips are short glass packs, I thought that there would be enough attenuation [for me]. I left the center resonator in place, Mike removed it and replaced it with a Magnaflow.

Here is his link: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/10779-pics-vid-of-my-modded-exhaust/?hl=magnaflow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...