A/C blowing warm air at idle, then overheating

dynamix1

While driving at speed the A/C blows cold air no problem and temp normal. Stopped for a while at idle and the A/C started to blow warm air. At that point there was a quick drop in RPM, ande then back up then the temp bagan to rise. Turned off the A/C and started to drive and the temp came down to normal and when I put the A/C it began blowing cold air again. Already changed the thermostat. 2007 Edge SE. Anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Dynamix:

The cooling fan and fan control module comes as an assembly. You may be able to find the fan control module itself, but is will cost close to or may exceed the price of a whole assembly, and at that point you may as well replace the entire thing.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It appears that I am having the same issue... If a/c Is on should at least one I the 2 fans be running? While waiting in line for some tacos, (preggo wife), yesterday I noticed my a/c was a little less cool and then steam came from the engine, yup it overheated. Never a warning light, check gauges, check engine etc....

• Like 1