10k miles, new short block

Last Wednesday we took our 2013 edge in because of a clanking noise coming from motor when warm. Dealer kept it and told us it was something on lower half of motor. Yesterday, 10/3/13, they call and tell me the no. 6 bearing spun. Warrany told them to replace just the short block. I'm kind of worried because this is a major job. Swapping over the heads and everything else that goes along with it. Has anyone had any problems like this with the 3.5L? And what are the chances something willl go wrong with this new motor? I understand its warrantied, but just a headache if I need to take it back in.

Haven't really heard of failures on the 3.5L such as yours, so I expect these are pretty rare. Yeah, the skills of the dealership's service department will be put to the test. The only reason to worry though would be if the cause of the failure was outside the short block. I would change oil regularly with mfr oil/filter at least for the next few K miles.

• 2 weeks later...