Forum newbie here!

WJBertrand

Hi All,

I don't own an Edge yet but it is a vehicle I'm considering to replace our aging 1998 Toyota Sienna. I really like the looks of the Edge and I read that it is based on the Fusion platform which has had an excellent reliability rating so far. This gives me hope that the Edge will be similar in reliability performance.

Does anyone know if it is built in the same plant as the Fusion? Having been a Toyota fan for a lot of years, and a bit spoiled by their reliability, I worry most about reliability and expensive repairs for the Edge. Long-term durability is important too, but of course the Edge is too new to know much about that yet.

I like the idea if buying a domestic badged car but I don't want to end up with a lot of quality/reliability issues. My last foray into domestic cars was a disaster (Plymouth Grand Voyager), but that's a whole other story.

It is built at the Oakville plant in Canada.

Toyota sucks.

Well, I sure hope your tone doesn't reflect what's typical for this forum. I was hoping for intelligent, objective discussion, not emotional outbursts of opinion.

Thanks for the platform information. Is the Fusion also built at this plant?

Well, I sure hope your tone doesn't reflect what's typical for this forum. I was hoping for intelligent, objective discussion, not emotional outbursts of opinion.

Thanks for the platform information. Is the Fusion also built at this plant?

There are one or two on every forum. The Fusion, Milan and MKZ are all built in Hermosillo, Mexico.

There are one or two on every forum. The Fusion, Milan and MKZ are all built in Hermosillo, Mexico.

Thanks for that information. Sometimes it's the plant location that makes the biggest difference in the car's quality. I was hoping the Edge was built in the same plant as the Fusion but since it's not, I'll just have to observe for a while and see how they do reliability wise.

Yes I was a bit taken aback by the other response to my very first post here! I've owned a bunch of Toyotas and one Lexus and they certainly don't suck from a reliability point of reference. Our Sienna in fact has only required a rear window motor replacement and just last week, a new radiator (plastic top tank cracked) at 145,000 miles and 10 years of age.

I was amused to see, when I removed it, that the OEM radiator was made by Dephi in the US where the Siennas are manufactured.

Thanks for that information. Sometimes it's the plant location that makes the biggest difference in the car's quality. I was hoping the Edge was built in the same plant as the Fusion but since it's not, I'll just have to observe for a while and see how they do reliability wise.

Yes I was a bit taken aback by the other response to my very first post here! I've owned a bunch of Toyotas and one Lexus and they certainly don't suck from a reliability point of reference. Our Sienna in fact has only required a rear window motor replacement and just last week, a new radiator (plastic top tank cracked) at 145,000 miles and 10 years of age.

I was amused to see, when I removed it, that the OEM radiator was made by Dephi in the US where the Siennas are manufactured.

Don't mind Clubwagon...remember that opinions are like assholes. Everyone has 'em.

Reliability is something we all are concerned about to some degree with a new design. So far, there's nothing substancial that anyone has posted that I can see. My biggest issue...the signal light arm is too high up and at a funny angle on the steering wheel shaft. :hysterical:

Welcome BTW!

Steve

Hi All,

I don't own an Edge yet but it is a vehicle I'm considering to replace our aging 1998 Toyota Sienna. I really like the looks of the Edge and I read that it is based on the Fusion platform which has had an excellent reliability rating so far. This gives me hope that the Edge will be similar in reliability performance.

Does anyone know if it is built in the same plant as the Fusion? Having been a Toyota fan for a lot of years, and a bit spoiled by their reliability, I worry most about reliability and expensive repairs for the Edge. Long-term durability is important too, but of course the Edge is too new to know much about that yet.

I like the idea if buying a domestic badged car but I don't want to end up with a lot of quality/reliability issues. My last foray into domestic cars was a disaster (Plymouth Grand Voyager), but that's a whole other story.

My only suggestion is you test drive the heck out of the one you want. I love the edge but am having some pulling (right) problems. I bought it September 18th...it's been back 3 times for this problem and still not fixed. Just drive, drive, drive the one you're gonna by!

Well hello Edge Owners, I just turned in my Explorer and came home with an Edge. I was gonna jump into another explorer, had it picked out and went to go pick it up however the dealer made me test drive the new edge. I have to admit. I loved it. IMO, there was actually more leg room in the edge than the explorer front & back. And I can still fit 4 golf bags in the trunk. I ended up getting the Limited AWD Fully loaded minus the DVD entertainment. I have no complaints whatsoever.