electrical problems 2007 mkx

just wait

Hi all,

I'm new and looking for help with my mother's 2007 mkx. This is going to sound stupid but she vacuumed the thing for once a few months ago and right after its dash lights stayed on, it says the door module has an error, the brake fluid module has an error, tpm has an error, the TC light stays on, e-brake light, door light, high beam light, the clicker for the signals don't chime (although the signals themselves on the outside of the car work), the radio doesn't work and I think that's it. Oh and the back door will argue unless you turn the car all the way on.

She has to have hit some kind of a sensor somewhere but I'm stumped as to where that would be where she'd vacuum.

She took it to the dealer and they're more useless then tits on a bull. They changed the battery and that fixed it for a few weeks but it's started doing it again.

Any ideas?

I had thought maybe her alternator was faulty and causing the battery to slowly die, but my truck needs work so I'm borrowing her car and actually got to see what it does and now I'm thinking there's a loose wire somewhere involving the tires/brakes. It will randomly fix itself then a few minutes later do it again.

Also when you shut the car off and take the key out the highbeam light in the dash stays on, sometimes the entire dash stays on.

I'm about ready to line it, my truck and car up and light them all on fire!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- a very frustrated car owner!

• 2 months later...

Bringing this back up in hopes that the op found a solution because my wife's edge is doing almost the exact same thing. All started while I was installing a remote start system. I was half way through and noticed the dash back lights were on (back lights that come on with the headlights) and the high beam light was on (key is off and out of ignition). I got everything installed that i need installed and it was still acting up. Then I noticed that the e-brake light, traction control, tire light, and one other light i cant remember were on. Also the solenoid for the shift that kicks in when you press the brake petal to take it out of park was clicking every time i would hit the brakes even in gear.

I found that messing with one of the harnesses down by the fuse block in the kick panel seemed to make it go away temporarily but it would come back moments later. I drove it around the block a few times and it seemed to go away, but the wife drove it the next day and said it was still doing it. She even said the rear hatch would not open sometimes and it almost didn't let her take it out of park once.

I cant think of any wires that i tapped into for the simple remote start would cause any of this. I did disconnect the two connectors at the bottom front part of that fuse bock in the kick panel. I'm almost thinking i have bad connection in one of them but no sure what is controlled through those plugs. Also wondering if it is just a voltage issue at the battery that just by chance showed up while i was working on it.

Any suggestions?

Well I think I got it. I took off both battery terminals and cleaned them up real good. I left them off while I tore the one connector apart and checked all the pins. Everything looked ok so I put it all back together. Hooked the battery back up and I couldn't get it to act up again. Wife took it down town yesterday and said it never acted up. Think I might look into buying a new battery for it soon. I believe it still has the original 7 year old battery.