No heat. Help

No heat 2007 ford edge. ! I need help!! I have been messing with this thing for four days straight. In freezing cold weather at that. So things I've done. New thermostat Flushed heater core I get good flow threw it. Tried to burp system over and over. On highway luke warm soon as you stop cold. No heat at idle at all.

Here are the things driving me crazy. When you turn climate control hot to cold. You here a swish sound like its changing You can see the Actuator moving. I have a Laser thermometer at the firewall in engine compartment at heater core 123 degrees top hose same on bottom. With inside blower off. When you turn blower on one hose drops to 90. So that tells me it's flowing threw heater core. Right???? Sorry so winded I'm frazzled on this. Thanks in advance the core had good flow when I had hose running threw it. Could it still be the heater core ????

Since you are desperate enough to double post about this I will offer a suggestion though probably not the answer you are looking for.

The blend doors are all actuated either by vacuum or as in my case in a 2012 with an electric motor. Since you have already been in the dash and its freezing out and will be for months..... Disconnect whatever mechanism, be it vacuum actuated or electric motor from the door and fix with wire or tape to where it puts out heat until its not too cold to work on it?

You could also, while its opened up try the controls from hot to cold and verify the motors are moving the door or not to narrow down the problem?!

If I had a 2008 service manual I would give you their instructions to troubleshoot but I don't.

Edited by 12Edge

Thanks for the reply. I know some people get mad when you piggyback off someone else post. I just wanted to get his input on the matter . Is there only one Actuator for the blend door. When you go hot to cold That one is moving When u change it. Here is the newest info. Car is Idling with climate off. Turn heat on will blow heat for about six seconds then goes cold. ????

When you say "flushed heater core" did you actually mean you flushed the cooling system? Or did you disconnect/T those hoses and flush JUST the core? Right now, all kinds of possibilities are open, including: low coolant level, air trapped, thermostat opening too early or stuck open, cooling fans running all the time. Does your coolant temp gauge rise to normal and stay there while driving, or ever go towards the HOT side?

With a

Thanks for the reply. I know some people get mad when you piggyback off someone else post. I just wanted to get his input on the matter . Is there only one Actuator for the blend door. When you go hot to cold That one is moving When u change it. Here is the newest info. Car is Idling with climate off. Turn heat on will blow heat for about six seconds then goes cold. ????

With all the possible combinations of airflow... internal/external air, what duct the air exits out of there are multiple actuators. At least two to determine where the airflow enters/exits the system as my vehicle has. With the temperature control blend believe or not the air always flows over the A/C evaporator to dehumidify it and then through the heater core if you want heat. If you have dual zone then there are two blend doors, if one then you only have one blend door.

My blend door has a linkage arm to manipulate it which leads me to believe you could disconnect it and fix it to whichever position produces heat.

Again my details are for my 2012 but I would imagine yours are similar.

The last time I looked at a heater system in a car the water flow was forced from outside and always flowed internally in summer or winter, it is the blend door that controls the temp. The water pump pressure forces water through it so I am not sure on the bubble theory? If there is any doubt a section of clear tubing inserted in to the line temporarily, or disconnecting the outlet side(MESSY) would let you know if you have water flow or not with the engine running.

Edited by 12Edge

Good luck, I hope that takes care of it!

I have owned 3 fords for 9+ years and just got a 4th and have never replaced a heater core. It sounds like you have isolated the problem to flow through the core but I am shocked that an 07 would need a new one already. Makes me worry about mine ;)

In Texas I only have to worry about overheating. I guess when it gets as cold as it does for you other problems can crop up. Never dealt with repeated freezing winters before.

Edited by 12Edge