Local dealer disavows Knowledge of 2008 delivery!

ixlar8

Yeah, I know the guy is a jerk!

I told him this forum describes people taking delivery and ordering guide.

I spoke with the manager and he has the same story, but he is an idiot and I will not be doing business with him.

SO!

When is the ACTUAL ROLL OUT DATE FOR THE EDGE concerning rebates, advertising, etc?????

Thanks

ixlar8

I spoke with the manager and he has the same story, but he is an idiot and I will not be doing business with him.

SO!

When is the ACTUAL ROLL OUT DATE FOR THE EDGE concerning rebates, advertising, etc?????

Thanks

ixlar8

Upper right of this page...all the way up. Just to the left of where you see "Help."

Starts with "S" and ends with earch."

SO!

Thanks

ixlar8

They started down the line 9/17. Perhaps you were asking questions that they would have no way of knowing. Information on issues like incentives and advertising are not available to dealers until they are released from Ford. Ordering guides have been out for months.

I get the feeling you overwhelmed them with your vast knowledge on the subject.

What is it you wanted to know?

It's all in their damn computer. I have personally seen the computer screen at my local dealer and it showed more than a dozen 2008 Edges due in this month. Some have already arrived. Others here have already bought a 2008 Edge and received $1000 rebate which also is in the dealer's computers.

Wow, see, there you go. I forgot to check their "Damn" computer. Did it also say what the roll out dates were for the incentives and advertising?

Florida must have different incentives than Atlanta. Not many people would be eligible for the $1,000 rebate in this market.

This occurred earlier this month...

I too had a similar experience with a Ford dealer....I stopped into a local dealer (I had considered them my 2nd choice based on the location from my home).... I asked the sales manager about purchasing a 2008 Edge...he asked me why not just purchase a 2007, they are the same....I told him about wanting the sync feature....and he said oh yes relunctantly....I asked if he could order an '08 edge for me...he said that he didn't think the ordering was open on this vehicle yet...something about 1st model year runs going longer...but guess what...my wife and I were traveling by this dealer about 1.5 weeks later and yes he had a 2008 Edge on his lot. Man that really validated my opinion of this guy, after he gave me the business on ordering an '08. I know he wanted to clear out the '07s on his lot...but why not just be straight with me, I would respect him for that...but not now....I will do my best to tell all of my friends about how he conducted himself...for lords safe, he's the new car sales manager at the largest Ford dealer in my area.

Guess I had it right in the first place, I'm staying with the Ford dealer that I used on my last new car purchase/service...they are good people.