Air Conditioning Cycling Order

Slick56

We have a 2011. Recently we have noticed a musty type order coming and going. Never had this before. I am guessing it is the A/C cycling. Has anyone else experinced this before? It has never happened before with such regularity. This is our second winter with this Edge and did not notice it last year.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started to get this smell myself last month. It's mildew growing on the condenser coils. Only fix is buying that spray that foams up thru the intake vents. Or what I do. But lysol anti bacterial spray. And puy the vent to full blast on hot abd already the whole can down the outside vents. It will make the air come out fresh smelling, a bit strong but goes at eventually and the mildew smell gets eliminated. I since cars it works , on others... It partially works. Try it before you go to the dealer and spend tons on money for then to tell you that you need your ac could cleaned.

Slick56, I started a post on this as well. I have. 13 edge and started getting the AC stink this winter.

Mine seems to only do it when outside temp is around the freezing mark. I have my system set to windshield and floor. Even if I select floor only, it still smells.

What temp are you experiencing the problem at? What setting do you use?

It is about freezing also. My wife and I were talking and trying to figure out if the ac runs all the time even when not turned on to perform defrost on windshield. Then when the outside temp hits freezing it turns the ac off. The smell reminds me of when you turn off ac other times during the year when you do not want it. There is always a musty type smell. I get this in other vehicles also.