Unknown Dashboard Light Warning

On my 2007 Ford Edge, the far left light came on then went away. It's the orange light of a car skidding, sort of like the slippery road ahead sign. I wasn't sliding or anything, it was on for an hour while I drove straight on a dry freeway.

I have noticed that my Edge goes into skid mode a lot more than most cars. When I pull out onto a busy road, it seems to happen a lot even if it's not raining. And when it is raining, I can't even pull away from a stoplight without sliding around a bit. Is this connected? What is the light for?

I understand that. I'm saying it didn't work at all. Copying/pasting it, clicking the link. According to my browser, it's not a valid website. I also tried it on multiple browsers at my home and work computers, same thing. But I understand what you mean about the manual. Thanks for the tip.

How about I tell you that, for me, that light comes on whenever I turn off the traction control, but turns off when the car is turned off since the car always starts with traction control on. If you're truly slilding, the car will beep quite loudly (it's annoying when you're purposely doing it lol). If you didn't bump the button, then I'd imagine something is wrong with your traction control system. Honestly, I don't think it's anything to worry about. I drive without traction control outside of snowy conditions a lot of the time.

How about I tell you that, for me, that light comes on whenever I turn off the traction control, but turns off when the car is turned off since the car always starts with traction control on. If you're truly slilding, the car will beep quite loudly (it's annoying when you're purposely doing it lol). If you didn't bump the button, then I'd imagine something is wrong with your traction control system. Honestly, I don't think it's anything to worry about. I drive without traction control outside of snowy conditions a lot of the time.

Lol, true. I didn't consider that you may have turned it off yourself inadvertently. I assumed had you done so it would have been intentionally ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It always amazes me when people take extra time to post a question, then wait hours or days for the answer when they could get the answer themselves in just a few minutes from the OM.

It's like having a dictionary sitting on your desk and then asking the forum how to spell tomorrow. I don't get it.

It always amazes me when people take extra time to post a question, then wait hours or days for the answer when they could get the answer themselves in just a few minutes from the OM.

It's like having a dictionary sitting on your desk and then asking the forum how to spell tomorrow. I don't get it.

It wasn't anything important enough to me to need an answer right away. I was just curious. A more serious concern I would have looked at the OM or called ford myself. That's what the forums are for anyways, isn't it? To ask questions and have a dialogue on a certain subject?

@Omar: thank you

Edited by EspoMan

It wasn't anything important enough to me to need an answer right away. I was just curious. A more serious concern I would have looked at the OM or called ford myself. That's what the forums are for anyways, isn't it? To ask questions and have a dialogue on a certain subject?

It's more like laziness. It's just a personal pet peeve, but if you have the answer in your glovebox or in an online PDF file (available from motorcraftservice.com), why wouldn't you just look it up yourself? It would take less than 5 minutes.

The entire point of the OM is to tell you how to do stuff just like this so not using it is just baffling to me.

Like I said - just a personal pet peeve. No big deal.