HELP!! - Lincoln MKX OEM Radio Inside my FORD EDGE

Ok so i brought a 2008 Lincoln Mkx OEM radio to put in my EDGE , the one that came with my edge did not have a subwoofer input, so i figured there basically the same cars , and same year , so i put it in. The radio sounds amazing , i found out that its a pioneer radio and the amp and sub in the back are audiophile. When i plug it up , nothing happens. The subwoofer has been tested working with a shaker 500 from a 2008 mustang, i didnt keep that one in because the CD player had a problem.

=please help , can i make the subwoofer work with the lincoln oem radio?

do i have to re-wire the inputs?

What year/model edge do you own? I have an '08 SEL and, since it came with the amp/sub combo, the stereo had a sub out. It'd make no sense to not include one if they're putting in the speakers. At any rate, I'd say the problem lies within how you wired it or the amp itself. Could be as simple as a bad connection, or as bad as a fried amp.

• 2 weeks later...

I plugged in the shaker 500 to see if the sub turns on an it does , but with the Lincoln radio it's doesn't work

That probably means the Lincoln head unit isn't using the same trigger wire for the amp to turn it on. Unless you're handy with a voltmeter I'd suggest taking it to a stereo shop. They should be able to fix it by testing the wire signal going to the amp.

So it's time to get to the sub/amp. Make sure there's 12v at the amp when the radio turns on. If there's three wires for power, then there's probably constant 12v and a turn-on lead. I don't have the sub myself or I'd take a look.

check this out if it helps

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/1df7u-wiring-diagram-factory-amp-goes.html

Edited by b1gbleu