Help evaluate this deal please...

Hello folks. I'm new to this forum. Please help evaluate this deal. 2013 Edge Limited with 301A, mats, and 20" wheels. Total MSRP $42415. Dealer has offered $35793 after rebates plus $499 dealer fee, tax, tag and title. I qualify for $3500 that the dealer knows about. I also have a AQHA rebate that the dealer does not know about and is not included in the dealer offer. Deal is contingent on me financing with Ford to get to the $3500 rebate total. But I don't mind doing that. No trades are involved. Can I reasonably expect to do better than this deal? Assuming I can find an XPlan pin, how does this deal compare to an XPlan deal? I think I would not be able to use my AQHA if I try to use an Xplan deal. Opinions please? Thanks in advance. Charles

In July of 2012 I purchased my 2013 Limited with 301A, FWD, trailer package, vision package, 20" wheels, and WhitePlatinum tri coat for $37,718.00 before the $2000.00 rebate at the time. The dealer also threw in Ford wheel locks, all season Ford rubber floor mats front and rear, tinted front windows, and nitrogen filled tires. Selling price was $35,718.00 plus dealer doc fee of $149.00.

Sticker was $41,530, invoice was $39,121, X plan was $39,240, and A & Z plan was $37,564. I was eligible for X plan through my work affiliation, but because the market is so competitive here in the Dallas area the dealer gave me A plan price plus about $250. I did not have to sign any papers for any of the Ford AZDX plans. This was a price two dealerships were willing to sell for when the 2013's were only out a few months.

You are buying about 17 months later for the same model year as mine. I would think you can do better.

• 3 months later...

April 19th 2014 How about this deal. 2013 Limited with 301A.FWD,trailer package,vision package, 20" chrome clad wheels,nav,roof rails, block heater, including destination charge of $1600,

Sticker $43,649 , X-Plan $41553 - $5000 factory rebate and - $750 for conquest (changing vehicles from a different manufacturer) Doc fees are $625 ,Tax Approx $1780 All in for $37245

Canadian funds

• 1 month later...