2013 Edge SE Fog lights

Hi everyone,

I own a 2013 Edge SE model and recently installed the fog lights in place of those stupid black caps on my model. I am thinking of wiring the lights to function with my headlights but I'm not sure how to do this. My model has the convenience package which allows my headlights to auto on and off. I can purchase the OEM wiring on Ebay, but again, not sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've also searched google for Edge wiring diagrams but haven't turned up any promising results.

Thanks

Here is a link for the wiring- http://www.ebay.com/itm/200907990465?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Hi toast1850. Not sure if you have already purchased the OEM lights, but you may be interested in my EDGE-2 LED daytime running light kit. It is a perfect solution for EDGE SE owners who want to upgrade their blank plastic covers to a super bright true DRL. Unlike having to splice into the factory wiring that you have to do to get the OEMs to work, my EDGE-2 DRL kit comes with an included wire harness and controller that connects to the battery terminals. No wire cutting or splicing.

Here is a link to another forum thread about my DRLs and the EDGE SE: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12945-edge-se-owners-you-can-have-led-daytime-running-lights-on-your-se/

Check them out on our website www.DAYTIMEBrightLites.com

3by3vertical-Final_zps3a08380e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

I did mine, as you can see the conectors that you bought on ebay has a color code, look at the same color code wires on the parking/signal lights on the head light and basically you can splice on them. Attached you wil find the instructions I follow

"The conector may not be there , if it was there it would be a two wire conector , with a yellow/blue wire and a black/gray wire ,,, it should come off the same harness as the headlamp and the other parking lamp in the front ,, if you cant find the conector, then you can tap into these same wires at the other front parking lamps and run them into your add on lamps , and it should work fine, due to this is how its wired from the factory"

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, but before I tap into the wires, I disconnect the plug from the bulb socket and push the strip light cables trough corresponding color in the connector an test it a couple of time, the simply sun the cables, put the lights and splice in to the cables you can fin som cable splicers in Auto zon Advance auto parts or pep boys hope this help I did not document the installation process by bad..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

I did mine, as you can see the connectors that you bought on ebay has a color code, look at the same color code wires on the parking/signal lights on the head light and basically you can splice on them. Attached you wil find the instructions I follow

"The connector may not be there , if it was there it would be a two wire connector , with a yellow/blue wire and a black/gray wire ,,, it should come off the same harness as the headlamp and the other parking lamp in the front ,, if you cant find the connector, then you can tap into these same wires at the other front parking lamps and run them into your add on lamps , and it should work fine, due to this is how its wired from the factory"

Thank you! I have the same set-up. OEM with the two wire pig tails... Thank you for explaining this. I have posted this question all over. The price of the after market was too rich for my blood. The dealer gave me a great price on the OEM, but told me he would e-mail the wiring diagram, which he has not done! This forum is a great place for information.