Buying a used 2007 Ford Edge

I am thinking of buying a used 2007 Ford Edge SEL Sport Plus with 41,000 miles on it. The carfax is great apparently it was sold then liened then sold again and liened lol. Car Max is asking 16,998. Does anyone still have their 2007? Any issues with it? Should I look at an later model year? I really like this once because its fully loaded with a vista sunroof and leather seats. Yes the dash is different than the later models but I am ok with that.

Is it an AWD or a FWD? The three main things that come immediately to mind: make sure the vista roof is properly lubricated before you get it, no problems with the driver door latching properly, and if AWD then no problems with the PTU (transmission). Make sure you flog it a bit on your test drive, it should work smoothly, drive straight, and in general be to your satisfaction. Look up the Carfax/Autocheck reports to make sure no accidents. In addition, the latest updates to the PCM (computer) should have been applied.

Any warranty choices being offered? You probably have room to work them down on price, so that their asking price is out the door price at most.

2011 & up models do have improvements overall, but as a 2007 owner, I don't think there is anything wrong with buying a 2007 either. Go in with your eyes open, as with any negotiation.

• 2 weeks later...

still driving our 07 SEL+ at 95,xxx miles.

only issues we've had:

1. PTU

2. Corrosion on all 4 wheels (replaced under warranty)

3. #2 (I think) coil went bad around 25k miles

4. about 5 times it's been driven for about 1/2 hour or so in the HOT summer day's and then doesn't want to go, thought it was tranny issue, but after reading on here it looks to be the throttle body. I haven't messed with it yet though...

Other than that, it's been a great vehicle (we don't have the vista roof, or SYNC)

wife still loves it...