I am seeing a lot of Chevy Traverses on the road

Mirage52

• 1 month later...

There are loads of Traverse's on the road here. Not as many GMC Terrains though (the sister vehicle to the Traverse which I think looks cooler). I had thought I would see more Jeep Cherokee's but I have only seen a handful. I was leaning toward the Cherokee but with all of the issues delaying its release I went with the Edge and I love it!

There are loads of Traverse's on the road here. Not as many GMC Terrains though (the sister vehicle to the Traverse which I think looks cooler). I had thought I would see more Jeep Cherokee's but I have only seen a handful. I was leaning toward the Cherokee but with all of the issues delaying its release I went with the Edge and I love it!

The GMC's sister car is the Chevrolet Equinox. It does not have a third row seat, neither does the Terrain.

The Traverse is a large vehicle with a large third row, seating for 7 or 8 depending on how you option it out. The Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, and the Saturn Outlook are the Traverse's sister cars. The Ford equivalent would be the Flex or Explorer, with the Flex being larger than the Explorer.

• Like 1

No, not a moron. There are so many cars that overlap each other size wise, feature wise, etc that you need a score card just to keep them straight! My wife had a Traverse for a few years so I was aware of that car and it's siblings, belonging to several other forums for them.

What's really funny is that the transmission in the GM Traverse, etc and the Ford Edge (maybe some other models also) were a joint effort. GM has a problem of the transmission gernading itself on the earlier build years (2007-2009) because of an improper heated treated component (wave plate) that I have never heard going bad in the Fords. Yes, some Fords have the banging shift and harsh shift, but nothing leaving the vehicle dead in the water like the GM's.