Sync climate control freezes

Anyone have trouble with climate control freezes. Mine happens random. It will freeze; as in all temperature changes I can make on my ford non touch screen is whatever temperature is on startup , it will let me change example. If set on 74 , it will toggle 74/75. No more. Or last night I turned on high. It would go 85- hi. Only way to reset is stop car wait 5 minutes restart. This only happens on drivers side , it will let you adjust passenger side. We have another edge. Never does this , thought I'd come get some feedback. Thanks everyone !!

Edited by 1102adam

What year/trim level Edge?

You can try either pulling the fuse (#37 10A in the passenger compartment panel on 2013 Edge), or pulling the battery cable to see if that helps reset the CC to normal behavior. Note that pulling the battery cable means the Edge will have to go through the whole relearn process, and you will need to follow the appropriate procedure for that (e.g., pg 298 in 2013 Edge O.M.). Fuse listings start on pg. 273 of said manual, noting that if you pull ANY underhood fuse, disconnect the battery first.

Anyone have trouble with climate control freezes. Mine happens random. ...

Hi 1102adam,

I'd recommend attempting a master reset before pulling any fuses: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

Do you know if your vehicle software has been updated? If you're not sure, feel free to PM your VIN and I can check.

Antonio

Yes software is up to date . It does not have touch . It has 3.5 in screen. Garage seems to think it's the actual switch on the driver side . The driver side is all that freezes in that 2 degree loop. Passenger side will change. They don't think it's a software issue..

Edited by 1102adam

Yes software is up to date . It does not have touch . It has 3.5 in screen. Garage seems to think it's the actual switch on the driver side . The driver side is all that freezes in that 2 degree loop. Passenger side will change. They don't think it's a software issue..

1102adam,

My Ford counterpart Todd can offer assistance with concerns not pertaining to SYNC. Here's a link to the FordService profile where you can send him a direct message: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/user/29146-fordservice/

Antonio