Sync Subscription worth it?

I just bought a used 2011 Edge and the Sync Services Subscription has expired so i would need to pay the $60 annual fee to reactivate. My question is, i was wondering if the Sync Services is worth having? I would probably only use the turn by turn directions. Is it a decent option for a GPS service? or would i be better off not renewing and just using a regular GPS or my phone?

Do you not like the phone options- google, mapqust. waze? Many Trips I take I see people sticking with their phones now vs a pd service or another gadget to bring....Trying not to use your data?

A free option to check out is 408-752-8052. Information line 24/7. Same reports, reporters, allows store favorites, has directions.. check it out...see if it works for you as a free one before pay a ford version..

Some do not see value in $60 Sync Services ..Some like that you can use ford app to send directions to sync services & then call # to download... Others do not like that ford charges $199 to Lincoln customers - just because-& doesn't offer a $60 especially when some of the features- as stated are FREE elsewhere & Ford incorporated them into theirs.

What about the new Garmins that offer the HUD+ or its HEADS UP DISPLAY? Is that a better spend of the $120 & free ship on amazon...google it.... Just might be...

MANY feel a non Ford option offers more value & has more applications & is portable vs the 1 cell phone that would be authorized with Sync Services- so say wife/husband/kid take car- it only works for the one cell phone- not a family subscription... so say husband does sync services to his phone- then wife, kid are SOL!

You decide what works

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 2011 Edge with MFT but no nav. I experimented on multiple occasions with Sync navigation. The response is so poor it is almost laughable. When my vehicle was new, I wanted to show off to my son. I called Sync for directions to the airport 10 miles from my home. Sync could not find it so I was transferred to a live operator AND he could not find the major airport in Milwaukee either. I have never encounterred such a poor system. There was no doubt when my subscription expired. My recommendation-don't wast your money. I have had excellent service from my Garmin when I need it with no hassle.

• Like 1

I own a 2011 Edge with MFT but no nav. I experimented on multiple occasions with Sync navigation. The response is so poor it is almost laughable. When my vehicle was new, I wanted to show off to my son. I called Sync for directions to the airport 10 miles from my home. Sync could not find it so I was transferred to a live operator AND he could not find the major airport in Milwaukee either. I have never encounterred such a poor system. There was no doubt when my subscription expired. My recommendation-don't wast your money. I have had excellent service from my Garmin when I need it with no hassle.

Well now that answers my question. Ha. Thanks Juscruzn! Yeah definitly NOT signing up for the subscription based on this. The MFT without the SYnc "subscription" is just fine for me. I will stick with my Garmin and iPhone for Nav.