Does anyone have an X Plan pin they can share?

gmaghera

Used to be many different ways to obtain an X plan pin number.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51278-x-plan-pins-for-everyone-sticky-this/

Here is a list of 130 pages showing the companies that are eligible for the X plan. I read there are over 3400 companies that participate.

https://pictures.dealer.com/fuccillofordeast/35b503cd0a0d028a013d72544b56c6a1.pdf

You can also check with Costco who many have used their buying service and saved even more than the X plan price.

When I purchased my Edge, the dealer honored the A plan price even though I had no association with Ford. I received all rebates and a special interest rate also. I had an X plan pin, but that price got blown out by every dealer I talked to. It was bigger savings not using the X plan.

In 2003 when I purchased my F150, the dealer himself provided me with an X plan number given to them by a Ford employee. There are discussion groups on line where you can request an X plan pin. Just search for them using Google or something similar. Here is one link

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/45-ford-x-plan-pin-requests/

Edited by ls973800

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. On my previous two Ford purchases the dealer pulled an X plan pin for me, based on the previous ownership of the company I work at (used to be Apple). Never mind that I started working there a year after another company acquired the firm. The dealer I'm working with now asked specifically if I can produce a pin.

I am aware that I could haggle my way to below the X-plan price, but I find it to be a pretty fair deal after some additional discounts they've mixed in, when comparing it to reports on edmunds.com, etc. The Fusion I am getting is pretty rare due the combination of features, so they had to intercept a delivery going to another dealership, and I'm still waiting on delivery after three weeks. That takes a little bit of leverage away. I would love to get A plan pricing though.

It's illegal for the dealer to give you a pin. It's ok if they generate the PIN on your behalf from fordpartner.com using your info and you consent to that, but that's no different than you generating it yourself. You're supposed to provide employment verification if you go that route. If the dealer allows you to get a pin from a company you no longer work for (knowingly) then you can both be suspended from the plan programs (A/Z/D/X).

Any dealer who sells you a vehicle at the A plan price without a plan pin is losing money. This usually means they're making it up elsewhere (trade-in, add-ons, secret rebates, etc.). Otherwise it just doesn't make sense, especially when the dealer gets a spiff check from Ford for each plan sale. Not saying it's not possible but very hard to believe.

The Ford dealer I originally got an X plan pin from back in 2003 when I purchased my F150 was in a city surrounded by several different Ford manufacturing plants. They sold to many employees of Ford. Those employees have a certain number of X plan numbers they are allowed to give away. Nothing illegal or against the rules if they choose to pass them on to a buyer. Just like the websites you can find to ask for the X plan, what makes that OK for an employee to give a pin number? You don't have to work for one of those companies to use a X plan pin if you are given the number by a legitimate source.

On the 2013 Edge, do I really believe the dealer lost money selling me a vehicle at A plan price? No way! I saw all of the figures and was provided a copy of the invoice showing the prices for X, A, D, and Z plans. The A plan price I was sold the vehicle at was $1675.51 less than the X plan I was eligible for through my employee! I also got all published and available rebates, incentives, etc.

I got the A price on the contract, and can account for every other fee on the bill of sale. No games played with the selling price, trade in price, add on fees, etc. There was at least one other owner in my area who received the same price from a different dealer around the same time. He posted on here and we compared our prices on this forum, confirming the A plan price for both of us.

On the invoice is stated "this invoice may not reflect the final cost of the vehicle in view of the possibility of future rebates, allowances, discounts and incentive awards from Ford Motor Company to the dealer"

Of course the dealer isn't going to sell at a loss. Sure there could be hidden rebate or factory monies, but you and I will never see them, no matter how good of a negotiator we may be. Heck, it is rare for a buyer to be able to get the dealer to give up any of the hold back monies, but it does happen. Would the dealer be losing money then? No way, because we will never know the TRUE cost to the dealer for the vehicle.

Edited by ls973800

A plan pricing is below dealer cost including holdback. Holdback is 3%, A plan is 4% below invoice. On an actual A plan sale Ford sends the dealer a spiff check to make up the difference so they don't lose money. Without an A plan PIN they don't get the spiff check. Unless there was a hefty documentation fee they lost money. I have heard of dealers doing that but it's certainly rare since you can't stay in business if you do it too much.

It is illegal (against plan rules) for a Ford employee to give out a friends and family PIN to someone they don't know and allowing the dealer to give it out on their behalf is absolutely positively against plan rules and if Ford finds out the employee loses their plan participation and the dealer may as well. When they give it to someone on blue oval forums they have personal contact with the person and have their personal info.

When they give it to someone on blue oval forums they have personal contact with the person and have their personal info.

So how do you know that the salesman didn't contact the employee and give them my information in order to use the X plan number? Same difference if I got it from them on line or through a salesman, as long as the employee has/had my information. What's the difference if the dealer talked to the employee on the phone with my information, or the employee got my information from me online? The employee doesn't really know me in either case, but can give the number based on having my information.

Unless there was a hefty documentation fee they lost money. I have heard of dealers doing that but it's certainly rare since you can't stay in business if you do it too much.

Like I said, I have every fee, charge, tax, etc on the bill of sale. There were no hefty doc fees, hidden charges, add-ons, etc. Do you actually know what factory to dealer incentives there were, or what "hidden" incentives or programs may have been in place when at least two dealers in this area sold at A plan prices? Of course not, and you nor I never will unless we happen to own a dealership.

Sure, it is rare for a dealer to sell at those prices, but again, there is no way they are losing money on the deal. They also wouldn't jeopardize their franchise by doing something illegal or against Ford policy. Although I got the A plan price on the Edge, never did I sign any papers for the A plan program. It was a price the dealer gave me, verified by the invoice they also gave me, and also backed up with the final numbers on the bill of sale.

From the Fordpartner website. Believe whatever you want to believe.

It is a direct violation of the program rules to provide PINs to customers referred to the sponsor by a dealership employee or to use a dealership employee as a broker to locate X-Plan customers. In other words, you may not use a dealership or dealership employee to find customers, and you may not sell PINs to a dealership or dealership employee. In fact, selling PINs to anyone is a violation of Plan rules and is strictly prohibited. Violations of these rules will result in suspension of X-Plan eligibility (sponsor and/or company).