Best way to Tint or darken tail lights and maybe headlights?

Hello!

I am very new to these forums, and I am hoping for advice on the best way to tint or darken lights please?

I read one forum where someone used Plasti-Dip, but the results seemed to dim the lights and that does not sound like a good way to go. I'm hoping to do the tail lights first.

Any advice please? I looked around these forums but not finding the best ways to do this.

Any information would be very appreciated please!

Thanks in advance!

Please don't tint the headlamps or taillights such that it diminishes the light output. It's dangerous and illegal. If you're just doing the non-lit areas then paint or plasti-dip would work.

Thank you. I have no intention to use PDip for the lights after research. I would like to keep the front stock.

Any advice on how to darken/tint the tail lights the Best way please? I'm hoping to give them a darker(slightly?) appearance that most importantly, does not impede on function of the lights (dimming) please?

One again, sorry for the newbie questions or if this is even possible.

Thanks a Ton!

Thank you. I have no intention to use PDip for the lights after research. I would like to keep the front stock.

Any advice on how to darken/tint the tail lights the Best way please? I'm hoping to give them a darker(slightly?) appearance that most importantly, does not impede on function of the lights (dimming) please?

One again, sorry for the newbie questions or if this is even possible.

Thanks a Ton!

The only way to tint them without diminishing light output is to switch to brighter bulbs to compensate which causes other problems with wiring and sockets and heat, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

A multi layer spray coating with a professional tint finish and quality clear coat is best method and will last the longest. I don't mean using the tint out of the can. Unless you have your own paint spray equipment and are very good applying even coats, you will want to have a paint shop do it for you. Prepping the lights is the most important step and two coats of quality clear coat at the end is too.

We use a great paint shop to have the smoke tint applied to our SPORT LED Taillights. Film will become scuffed and hazy over time due to washing and UV.

ExplorerBanner_zps85c57fac.gif