Fraternal Twins

Grey

My wife has had her '07 MKX - Black/Black for several months. My daughter (son's wife) wanted to get rid of her Nissan, so I traded it in, along with my F150 on a New '07 Edge SEL with the big package - Black/ Stone interior. Love both vehicles - very powerful and solid feeling.

I'll post comparitive and subjective evaluations of both vehicles as we begin to put some miles on the

Edge. In our short drive last night, I could tell that the seat in the Edge is not as firm as the MKX's. Also, the passenger seat is not power and it seems to sit very low when far back in the track.

Both vehicles have SIRIUS and 18" wheels/tires and neither have BAMR or Nav. We shuffle the Garmin back and forth between vehicles when we are traveling.

I'm looking at a way to add homelink to the Edge - I have a module and may put it in the dash tray area over the radio.

My wife has had her '07 MKX - Black/Black for several months. My daughter (son's wife) wanted to get rid of her Nissan, so I traded it in, along with my F150 on a New '07 Edge SEL with the big package - Black/ Stone interior. Love both vehicles - very powerful and solid feeling.

I'll post comparitive and subjective evaluations of both vehicles as we begin to put some miles on the

Edge. In our short drive last night, I could tell that the seat in the Edge is not as firm as the MKX's. Also, the passenger seat is not power and it seems to sit very low when far back in the track.

Both vehicles have SIRIUS and 18" wheels/tires and neither have BAMR or Nav. We shuffle the Garmin back and forth between vehicles when we are traveling.

I'm looking at a way to add homelink to the Edge - I have a module and may put it in the dash tray area over the radio.

Go for the Homelink mirror. Nice addition that is embedded in mirror.

Go for the Homelink mirror. Nice addition that is embedded in mirror.

Why pay $300 for a mirror? If you have the module it just needs a 12V power source and a convenient mounting spot.

I bought a homelink equipped sun visor for a Maxima off Ebay and cut out the module, then mounted it in my Fusion's sun visor. If I could have figured out how to get the fabric off without cutting it then it would look just like a factory job. I just dremeled out a spot for it to the right of the mirror and spliced the wires into the lighted mirror wires. And it only cost $40.

Why pay $300 for a mirror? If you have the module it just needs a 12V power source and a convenient mounting spot.

I bought a homelink equipped sun visor for a Maxima off Ebay and cut out the module, then mounted it in my Fusion's sun visor. If I could have figured out how to get the fabric off without cutting it then it would look just like a factory job. I just dremeled out a spot for it to the right of the mirror and spliced the wires into the lighted mirror wires. And it only cost $40.

Go for it. Fyi... I paid $200 and since I am not as handy as you, I am satisfied.

In response to Grey:

I posted this on the MKX Forum about a month ago... I'm curious what you think about gas mileage and the MKX seats after a long trip.... Here's hoping you both enjoy your Edge & MKX to the max ....

My MKX w/AWD: 2 hours Parkway driving at approx average of 70mph with cruise control on about 1/4 of the time... Approx 21.5 mpg... My 2004 Grand Marquis (v8/224hp) for the same stretch/same driving habits, 24 - 24.5mpg .. Oh well... Still love this CUV... Best decision I've made in a long time ... And, remember, all other competitor CUVs (I'm thinking Lexus 350, Pacifica and Murano) use premium gas .... And by the way... The longer the trip and more time you spend in the seat the more you realize the firmness of the "seating area" works to your benefit physically. The body remains loose not feeling like you're tied up in a knot at he end of the ride.. Don't be put off by the firmness of the "seating area"... Just a reminder.. It's not the entire seat that is firm. The bolsters around the seating area are soft and very comfortable...

Edited by mkxfwd

• 2 weeks later...